Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduced-To-Max-Mod
(02-Feb-2017, 21:04)Dr Tone Wrote: Hmmm, it's been rather quiet for the last week on this mod.  No others tried it out yet?

Did you try it yourself or do you need Wifi/Eth?

I think for most the D is a treasure they don't want to hurt...no offense, please. It's ok.

We have to wait...the seed...the seed Big Grin

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(02-Feb-2017, 21:04)Dr Tone Wrote: Hmmm, it's been rather quiet for the last week on this mod.  No others tried it out yet?

I think for most the D is a treasure they don't want to hurt...no offense, please. It's ok.

gui
berlin
For me it's simple. I occasionally use the phono and Ethernet boards, so best I leave them in!

One thing I noticed, when selecting sources there is a very satisfying relay 'click' when the phono input is selected. This does sound like a double relay, but I am not quite sure. It would be interesting to know if this is simply switching inputs or if the relay switches power to the board as well. I am assuming the phono board is permanently 'powered up', otherwise it might need some warm up time when phono is selected. That's my assumption anyway, but I would be interested to know for sure.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(04-Feb-2017, 13:32)yabaVR Wrote:

gui

I don't have the right tools and haven't been near a place to pick some up.   Blush
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

In the meantime I tried your mod. Removing the Wifi board on a 250pro also disables Ethernet but gives a nice SQ improvement. As you said I also had the feeling that it takes some time to settle down.
Removing the phono board is maybe also giving a slight improvement but this also disables the pre out. As I need this for my sub I have plugged the board in again.
The main improvement comes with the Wifi board removal so this is not bad at all...
@Vivialet
Welcome on board  Wink . Great to hear that you experienced something similar to me.

So, does the "EX-WiFi - Mutec - AES" beat the "AIR 3.0.1 - Eth" in SQ?
Though it might not be easy to do the comparison as it takes a while to plug all the parts together for the Mutec-chain.

gui
berlin
I found a way that even with the Wifi board included the Mutec chain beats Air again. With the Mutec I'm able to use the hibernate mode of jplay which stops all non-audio relevant services. This mode does not work with Air, so the Mutec solutions wins clearly. And now with the wifi board removed this advance is again increased.

Will be interesting where Devialet plans to place the streamer board. I can't see and free sockets. Either they replace the wifi board with the streamer board of both duet and wifi will be repolaced ? But I definitly share your doubts about the possible SQ. If the streamer board requires Wifi I think it will not beat any good external solution like PC/Mutec or a good music server.
(24-Jan-2017, 09:23)Vivialet Wrote: I'm using a silent mini PC with Windows 10, Fidelizer, jplay, ProcessLasso. 

I tried Hibernate Mode too in jPlay but over night my PC froze and I had to reboot allthough it was still playing music over USB.

You didn't mention Audiophile Optimizer (AO) in your list of Software above. Is there a reason why you don't use it. For me it made a very obvious improvement in SQ and as far as I see it is the basement for a stripped down Windows-System. I have to Update to WS2016 yet but also with W10 'AO' is a big step ahead in SQ. Recently added Fidelizer to my list of software tuning and again quiet a step to more realism and calmness. It's kind of controversial, but SQ is getting smoother every time transparency increases by hardware modding and software tuning.

gui
berlin
I'm back using Air so I don't think I'll bother pulling just the phono card as it sounds like it has a lesser impact on sound quality.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(13-Feb-2017, 16:36)yabaVR Wrote:
(24-Jan-2017, 09:23)Vivialet Wrote: I'm using a silent mini PC with Windows 10, Fidelizer, jplay, ProcessLasso. 

I tried Hibernate Mode too in jPlay but over night my PC froze and I had to reboot allthough it was still playing music over USB.

You didn't mention Audiophile Optimizer (AO) in your list of Software above. Is there a reason why you don't use it. For me it made a very obvious improvement in SQ and as far as I see it is the basement for a stripped down Windows-System. I have to Update to WS2016 yet but also with W10 'AO' is a big step ahead in SQ. Recently added Fidelizer to my list of software tuning and again quiet a step to more realism and calmness. It's kind of controversial, but SQ is getting smoother every time transparency increases by hardware modding and software tuning.

gui

I don't want a stripped down PC now as I'm still using it for other tasks, but I'm using Fidelizer 7.6 (free) and ProcessLasso. And as I'm still thinking about buying something like the MicroRendu I don't want to invest in a pure audio PC now...
My next step in this journey is a second Mutec...

You should try to use Minimserver with the Kazoo remote instead of foobar. Another step up in SQ. And you need a Mutec of course...