Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D800, What's in a slave?
I am thinking to separate the two separates of my 800 and using them separately. Before doing so, two questions:

I am quite sure that the master is able to drive stereo, but is the slave also?

Is the slave as complete in terms of modules as the master minus remote?

Thanks.
I believe it's lacking the Wifi and possibly the Phono boards. So you will only be able to use it via AES, optical, spdif or usb input. You will need a physical remote to control it as wireless and ethernet won't be available on it.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(24-Jan-2017, 17:52)Dr Tone Wrote: I believe it's lacking the Wifi and possibly the Phono boards.  So you will only be able to use it via AES, optical, spdif or usb input.  You will need a physical remote to control it as wireless and ethernet won't be available on it.

I was under the impression just the wifi board and lack of remote, at least that's what I recall, was quoted £1000 to upgrade a companion.
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
(24-Jan-2017, 17:52)Dr Tone Wrote: I believe it's lacking the Wifi and possibly the Phono boards.  So you will only be able to use it via AES, optical, spdif or usb input.  You will need a physical remote to control it as wireless and ethernet won't be available on it.

This could well be the case. If it is lacking the WIFI and WIFI is necessary for the Devialet remote to work, then #Vivialet in http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3944 (with WIFI module unplugged) shouldn't be able to use his/her remote. Perhaps he/she can respond?
(24-Jan-2017, 19:49)Mohmm Wrote:

This could well be the case. If it is lacking the WIFI and WIFI is necessary for the Devialet remote to work, then #Vivialet in http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3944 (with WIFI module unplugged) shouldn't be able to use his/her remote. Perhaps he/she can respond?

The Devialet physical remote isn't wifi, I'm pretty sure it's a form of RF. Wifi was an optional component in the beginning and always had the big beautiful remote.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(24-Jan-2017, 20:23)Dr Tone Wrote:
(24-Jan-2017, 19:49)Mohmm Wrote:

The Devialet physical remote isn't wifi, I'm pretty sure it's a form of RF.  Wifi was an optional component in the beginning and always had the big beautiful remote.

I confirm that the remote is using RF that is not WiFi at all. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I'm not even sure it works at all. There's no provision for configuring a slave on its own so the only way to find out is to set it up as a 250 and see what happens.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I've used the Phono section on a slave D440 with a problem.
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
(25-Jan-2017, 22:15)Spindrift Wrote: I've used the Phono section on a slave D440 with a problem.

I would only question if the slave is processing the phono signal or is it just passing it to the master for processing?  Or did you actually separate your units?

The "companion" is a complete stereo amplifier with the exception for lan board and remote. It is possible to retrofit a lan board and - if you have a remote extra - it is easy to pair it with your Companion. If needed you can connect up till 4 record players to a D440 amplifier, two to the master unit and two to the companion. But as soon as you connect a source to your companion, you'll be needing a link cable between the master and its companion...

Br Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden