Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Phantoms in a 4.0 home theatre setting
Hi to all of you. 
I am wondering if it's possibile to connect a couple of Gold Phantoms through the Dialog from my Emotiva UMC-1 AV pre-processor, which is fed by a Sky box with HDMI.
The Emotiva has an optical and coaxial output that outputs 2 channel PCM. 
By now my 4.0 setting is formed by two fullrange main towers for the two front channels controlled by a tube amplifier and another ampifier for the 2 back surround channels. The AV pre/pro is configured for the two L R mains with center phantom  Wink  (stupid word joke).  
Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you.
If your Emotiva can delay video and rear channels to get in sync with the Golds this should work. Phantoms have (in this context) significant lag which you need to adjust for.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(28-Jan-2017, 11:09)ogs Wrote: If your Emotiva can delay video and rear channels to get in sync with the Golds this should work. Phantoms have (in this context) significant lag which you need to adjust for.

Thank you for the answer. The video delay could indeed be a problem but on the Emotiva it is possibile to tweak a sort of delay with speaker distance setting. The main question remains how to manage the 3 front channels and the Phantoms... Have to ask Emotiva's guys if the optical output consists of a downmix of all 6 Dolby channels...
With the delay of 160ms, the speaker distance must be about 54meters. I´m not shure but i dont think Emotiva can correct this