Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog connected with TV by optical - lag between A/V
I received my Silver Phantoms and Dialog a few weeks ago and I notice a considerable lag between A and V, which does not make much sense considering that I have a connection between Dialog and TV by optical cable. Furthermore both my Phantoms and the Dialog are all within a meter from my television.

I have seen some questions from the past about lag problems between audio and video when Phantom/Dialog is connected with a television by optical cable, but I got the idea that it was greatly improved in the meantime through updates.

Is there anything to do about this issue? FYI: my television is +/- 2 years old so I'm assuming that isn't the problem either, but perhaps somebody has different thoughts on that.
I had the same configuration with a Samsung TV, 9 series from 2016 - no lag. It could be the TV. Some produce lag on optical, others don't. Especially on SAT Channels. Probably there is a setting to adjust this. Check whether the lag is depending on input sources. Cable TV, SAT, DVD/Blueray, Streaming via Media Server, etc. If nothing changes - do a factory reset on the whole Devialet chain.
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
(07-Feb-2017, 06:53)Taucher669 Wrote: I had the same configuration with a Samsung TV, 9 series from 2016 - no lag. It could be the TV. Some produce lag on optical, others don't. Especially on SAT Channels. Probably there is a setting to adjust this. Check whether the lag is depending on input sources. Cable TV, SAT, DVD/Blueray, Streaming via Media Server, etc. If nothing changes - do a factory reset on the whole Devialet chain.

You're correct on the different input sources. I'm watching TV through a cable TV box and I'm using the Apple TV that I got with my Phantoms. Both are connected through HDMI with my television (Philips). The lag coming from the Apple TV is slightly worse than from the cable TV box.. I will check today if there is lag when I'm watching (analogue) television directly from the TV.
Confirmed by Devialet support a few days ago. Phantom has a delay of 160ms. (Regardless of the input - optical, Bluetooth, dialog ...) They are "working on reducing that delay"
So unless your TV can compensate and let you delay the video by 160ms too, you're doomed (like me) Sad

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
(09-Feb-2017, 22:53)jneuveglise Wrote: Confirmed by Devialet support a few days ago. Phantom has a delay of 160ms. (Regardless of the input - optical, Bluetooth, dialog ...) They are "working on reducing that delay"
So unless your TV can compensate and let you delay the video by 160ms too, you're doomed (like me) Sad

They have been working on the 160 ms delay since I bought the Silvers in june 2015, and probably before too. The progress is less than overwhelming.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
That's unfortunate to hear... Well, at least they are working on it but for now the Phantoms are great for audio, but quite annoying when I'm watching television (movies).
(14-Feb-2017, 16:24)marcospank Wrote: That's unfortunate to hear... Well, at least they are working on it but for now the Phantoms are great for audio, but quite annoying when I'm watching television (movies).

If you have a slow TV with lots of processing going on, you'll get rid of the audio delay. I can recommend the 2015 model of the 6-series from Samsung. Cheap, OK picture and really slow, a guesstimate would be approximately 160 ms Wink
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Oh, the irony of having to pair a cutting-edge sound system with an 'old' TV just for time alignment!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(10-Feb-2017, 08:37)ragwo Wrote:
(09-Feb-2017, 22:53)jneuveglise Wrote: Confirmed by Devialet support a few days ago. Phantom has a delay of 160ms. (Regardless of the input - optical, Bluetooth, dialog ...) They are "working on reducing that delay"

They have been working on the 160 ms delay since I bought the Silvers in june 2015, and probably before too. The progress is less than overwhelming.

(14-Feb-2017, 18:53)ragwo Wrote:
(14-Feb-2017, 16:24)marcospank Wrote: That's unfortunate to hear... Well, at least they are working on it but for now the Phantoms are great for audio, but quite annoying when I'm watching television (movies).

If you have a slow TV with lots of processing going on, you'll get rid of the audio delay. I can recommend the 2015 model of the 6-series from Samsung. Cheap, OK picture and really slow, a guesstimate would be approximately 160 ms Wink

LOL, well let's try that then!