Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming Ethernet, NAS (Server Innuos) through PC Windows
Hi all, after much reading, I thought about following the recommendation of Devialet which says literally :

How To Stream From A NAS

For now, there are several solutions that will allow you to play music from a NAS or an Audio Server:
  • Using a computer as a player to access the music stored on your NAS

In this case you can make use our streaming application AIR. "This is by far the best way to stream music to the Devialet in bit-perfect"

I have decided to test , and I wanted to ask if I am doing well or is there any other way to do it better, or use other programs, use Foobar2000 how player, 

System: , PC I3 connected ethernet to TPlink Power line Wifi AC AV-500, --- Devialet AIR 2.1.3 Windows Wasapi Bit Perfect --- Foobar2000 v.1.3.14

Tplink PLC ---> Innuos Zen (Music Serves used with NAS) ---> Out Isolated Ethernet Port for Streamer ---> Devialet 220 Ethernet Port.

..And ask if I'm doing well, because the computer identifies the Devialet as external speakers, I can listen everything that plays on the PC, Youtube, Tidal etc, even the sounds of Windows, I can raise and lower the volume of the devialet with the keys of the PC . ;(  I thought Devialet AIR would only communicate with the program music player .. really sounds good, but I could not tell if better than the Innuos dedicated USB output . I have noticed that the sample rate of the reproduced music file does not coincide with what can be seen on the Devialet screen, this is correct ...

Thanks for support..

[Image: 20170208_133158_zpsnmg8emdk.jpg]

[Image: 20170208_131303_zpsgh9tx9pu.jpg]

[Image: 20170208_131405_zpsiwjcvpgu.jpg]
[Image: 20170208_131156_zpsifxdiohj.jpg]
[Image: 20170208_131229_zpsmciwewgi.jpg]
[Image: 20170208_131141_zps3mevscz2.jpg]
[Image: 20170207_164057_zpsnj4xbb2j.jpg]
[Image: 20170208_131456_zpskwxghetc.jpg]
[Image: 20170208_131544_zpsikjzdixu.jpg]
[Image: 20170208_131554_zpsmuphhbda.jpg]
I'm using AIR 3.01 beta which does not have so many settings.  Your settings look OK for AIR and Sound.
I think you probably want to set Foobar to use exclusive mode.  I don't use Foobar, but Roon, Tidal and JRiver can all be set to exclusive mode under settings, so I assume Foobar will be the same.
Your sample rates should then be the same and I expect you will lose the ability to alter the sound levels with your PC or play YouTube while Foobar is in use.
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
@Gomiki

If it's possible for you, don't use ETH over Powerline. It's the worst thing you can do as for SQ and your health. Expect the whole powerline in your house radiating these digital signals ALL the time and even if you don't send data the powerline adapters are talking to each other (synchronizing) all the time radiating these communication throughout your house...even at night.
If you can make it use an ETH-Cable from PC/Server/Router to your Dev. WiFi being the second best (you can switch it off at night).

If you want to do a comparison stream music directly to your Devialet (e.g. USB) and just plug two ETH-Powerline-Adapters into the sockets. Listen to your music with and w/o the Powerline-Adapters plugged in...you will hear the difference.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Thanks for your advice, I will keep it in mind ,  Wink  The problem is that now I live in a duplex and on the top floor I do not have a router, that's why I have to use PLC TPlink ..
I always thought that the signal quality of these TPlinks would be the same as the Router it comes from, regardless of how dangerous it may be for our health ... Huh
(15-Feb-2017, 00:09)Gomiki Wrote: Thanks for your advice, I will keep it in mind ,  Wink  The problem is that now I live in a duplex and on the top floor I do not have a router, that's why I have to use PLC TPlink ..
I always thought that the signal quality of these TPlinks would be the same as the Router it comes from, regardless of how dangerous it may be for our health ... Huh

Just think of the powerline is raped to transport ETH-Signals. Powerlines are not meant to do that. There's a reason why there are specialized cables for selected application, but that leads to the wild field of cable discussion...we don't want to dive into that now  Wink  .

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin