Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion Box
Thanks, Guillaume
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I'd suggest that the number of sections should be reduced until at least the volume on the site increases. Having to bounce around to find all the threads is annoying. The more active threads in a section keeps a persons interest up.

All you need right now is:

News & Reviews
Hardware and Configuration
Software
Speakers
Music
General Discussion
For Sale
(22-Dec-2014, 15:21)Dr Tone Wrote: I'd suggest that the number of sections should be reduced until at least the volume on the site increases. Having to bounce around to find all the threads is annoying. The more active threads in a section keeps a persons interest up.

News & Reviews
Software
Speakers
Music
General Discussion
For Sale

As someone who has posted once before your current post, I suggest you give the site a try first.

It is not perfect but all the main categories fit on one page. Which is fine.

And if you look at the traffic as illustrated by today's posts, of which there are 14 threads, 4 of these threads have been viewed by over 10,000 readers, 4 others by over 2,500 readers, and 6 by under 1,000 readers although some of these are new. I wouldn't want any of those mixed together.

In a way the forum is self regulating and if you stick around you might see that it works pretty well.

For comparison, try the other Devialet threads on Whats Best Forum and on HiFi Wigwam - neither of which, in my opinion, are a patch on this one.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(22-Dec-2014, 16:49)IanG-UK Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 15:21)Dr Tone Wrote: I'd suggest that the number of sections should be reduced until at least the volume on the site increases. Having to bounce around to find all the threads is annoying. The more active threads in a section keeps a persons interest up.

News & Reviews
Software
Speakers
Music
General Discussion
For Sale

As someone who has posted once before your current post, I suggest you give the site a try first.

It is not perfect but all the main categories fit on one page. Which is fine.

And if you look at the traffic as illustrated by today's posts, of which there are 14 threads, 4 of these threads have been viewed by over 10,000 readers, 4 others by over 2,500 readers, and 6 by under 1,000 readers although some of these are new. I wouldn't want any of those mixed together.

In a way the forum is self regulating and if you stick around you might see that it works pretty well.

For comparison, try the other Devialet threads on Whats Best Forum and on HiFi Wigwam - neither of which, in my opinion, are a patch on this one.

Just a suggestion from personal experience of moderating a forum. Take it for what it's worth.
(08-Jan-2015, 07:56)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I honestly wanted to click report but something in me just wanted to say brilliant. What can I say. I'm a man.

Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
An obvious suggestion to improve the forum: implement anti-spam measures. I occasionally see the forum spammed but yesterday I even received spam through PM.

No hurries, it's only 'a nice to have'. You guys are usually pretty quick with the cleaning/banning part. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(28-May-2015, 14:49)Antoine Wrote: An obvious suggestion to improve the forum: implement anti-spam measures. I occasionally see the forum spammed but yesterday I even received spam through PM.

No hurries, it's only 'a nice to have'. You guys are usually pretty quick with the cleaning/banning part. Smile

Hi Antoine this is very high up on my list, and yes I also received that spam via PM.

Previously the system we had in place was overzealous and people complained that they couldn't register... obviously we need to find a solution soon though. The attacks are getting more and more frequent.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thank you Guillaume! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I understand there is a Tool available to Devialet Stores only that can easily set the SAM for any Speakers or most Speakers and can be done in the Field or ones Home. Is this Tool Available thru US Dealers/Distributers currently or can you use a Credit Card and secure it for whatever time it requires or can you tell us where it is available in the States?

Devialet 200/Revel F208
Just a small suggestion from my use so far - that perhaps the email notifications of new posts could have a bit more (or all) of the new post in it.
I often want to read but find it easier on other forums where you can just read in the email, rather than have to click through to the site.

PS - Thanks for setting up this site, its incredibly useful and a nice bunch of posters.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<