Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion Box
While I'm new here and understand the desire for as few title sections as possible I also see 'power' as an inevitability. Too much interest in power generators, regenerators, distribution, active, passive, current draw, amps, watts, RFI/EMI filtering and running temperatures specifically related to Devialet. I personally hate trampling on an existing thread that's not related but when a post relates to power and encourages a power-related response then someone else responds then another ad infinitum. Firmware 8.0 right now is thusly affected. Not life or death mind you but discussed enough here to warrant at least due consideration of inclusion.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(28-May-2015, 18:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Just a small suggestion from my use so far - that perhaps the email notifications of new posts could have a bit more (or all) of the new post in it.
I often want to read but find it easier on other forums where you can just read in the email, rather than have to click through to the site.

PS - Thanks for setting up this site, its incredibly useful and a nice bunch of posters.

I've set the maximum post length in an email to a much bigger value. It was set to the default 100 chars which is rather short.
(04-Jun-2015, 00:48)Manoet Wrote: While I'm new here and understand the desire for as few title sections as possible I also see 'power' as an inevitability. Too much interest in power generators, regenerators, distribution, active, passive, current draw, amps, watts, RFI/EMI filtering and running temperatures specifically related to Devialet. I personally hate trampling on an existing thread that's not related but when a post relates to power and encourages a power-related response then someone else responds then another ad infinitum. Firmware 8.0 right now is thusly affected. Not life or death mind you but discussed enough here to warrant at least due consideration of inclusion.

I agree and as one of the transgressors in the firmware 8.0 thread, suggest that all posts there that are related to power should be moved to the new thread.

Again my apologies.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
MusicFirst wrote:
How about "Amplifiers into Power Conditioners?"

My feeling is thats too specific which necessarily makes it restrictive/limiting and precludes participation by those without any kind of power conditioner or power-related questions/comments not specifically related to a power conditioner. I think it should be more broad-spectrum power related. Where one could visually scan the main page and know at-a-glance where to go with any/every power-related question, comment or observation.

Something like:
Devialet Power:
A Place for questions, comments & observations regarding Devialet power consumption and/or usage (etc)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(04-Jun-2015, 00:48)Manoet Wrote: While I'm new here and understand the desire for as few title sections as possible I also see 'power' as an inevitability. Too much interest in power generators, regenerators, distribution, active, passive, current draw, amps, watts, RFI/EMI filtering and running temperatures specifically related to Devialet. I personally hate trampling on an existing thread that's not related but when a post relates to power and encourages a power-related response then someone else responds then another ad infinitum. Firmware 8.0 right now is thusly affected. Not life or death mind you but discussed enough here to warrant at least due consideration of inclusion.

Hi Manoet,

Regarding your suggestion that we have a new forum heading dedicated to "Power" I have a couple of issues... first of all the feedback that I am getting from members (and especially new members) is that there are just too many sections; at the moment we are up to 18 which I'm conscious is almost too much and I am therefore loath to add to this number... second, to my mind issues relating to mains filters, regenerators, mains wiring and distribution boards sit in "Tweaker's Corner". Whilst some may feel that a regenerator or transformer is a "must have" to many this is a tweak and is not required for the normal operation of your Devialet. In fact many of the tweaks listed fall under power and grounding. Perhaps I can change the subheading of Tweaker's Corner to better reflect this? Just a thought.

I've been thinking about how we can simplify the layout of the forum and with that said I am open to any ideas that members may have.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Guillaume- I understand the dilemma but if you'll read my edited post above yours you'll see I too anticipated the same "generator-specific" issues and recommended a broader-spectrum power topic. One where people understand that any/all Devialet power-related topics are sought, welcomed and responded to. I agree that as generators go that's a tweak. But my responses in the posts related to this were/are without regard to generators. But are Devialet power usage specific.

Further, I don't own or use any kind of power generator and haven't for years. I do own a DIY stripped down PSA Dectet, custom star-wired and totally passive power distributor with 5 Furutech GTX-D 20A/120V rhodium plated receptacles. And its as good or better than anything that preceded it!
(04-Jun-2015, 19:54)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've been thinking about how we can simplify the layout of the forum and with that said I am open to any ideas that members may have.  Smile

Guillaume

I have a suggestion, you could combine 'Support desk' and 'Devialet classroom'. I do understand the original idea behind Devialet classroom but most people don't and post their support questions there as well. If you wouldn't want to lose the original classroom topics you could make them sticky.

The rest of the forum I would leave as it is, but that's just my opinion ofcourse. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Just my 2 cents... I would split the forum subjects into two big sections:
1) Phantom sujects
2) Expert subjects
Thanks.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

You may also consider fusing Devialet news and Devialet reviews in one sub forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
May I suggest an update of the sub forum names to contain the new Pro line? Smile

Something like:
Devialet D-Premier, 120/200/250, 130/220/250 Pro
Devialet 400/800, Original d'Atelier, 440/1000 Pro

Also, would a 'General' or 'Anything goes here' for all subjects not covered by/suitable for the other sub forums be an idea? Perhaps, if people would not like to see the total number of sub forums grow, the sub forums Class room and Support desk could be combined. If the admins think we're allright now, no changes needed, I'm of course fine with that. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands