Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warm units when not used?
Update I: 
There is a small problem, however. It is NOT possible to switch them ON again afterwards. Tried everything and pressed the button several times and holding pressed even up to 30 seconds. It was necessary to pull/plug in the power plug to make them wake up...

After that they were visible in SPARK again...

Update II: 
I got it. At the first try I kept the button pressed simply too long >10 seconds during switch off.   
2-3 seconds after the first confirmation by phantom there is a second short noise. It seems that then they are powering down completely. If you hold the button during switch off only until the first confirmation, then releasing you will be able to get them back on by pressing around 1-2 seconds. After that normal operation possible! 

COOL STUFF !!!!!!
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
The first off button that requires you to have a stopwatch that I've ever heard of. WTF?
(09-Feb-2017, 23:39)Gremlin Wrote: The first off button that requires you to have a stopwatch that I've ever heard of. WTF?

No, you don't need a stopwatch. Just release the Button after the FIRST sound that Phantom makes. This will be after approx. 6 seconds. After that Phantom goes into kind of sleep mode. If you do it like this you can later switch on again just by a short press (1-2 seconds) of the button.

If during switch off you keep the button pressed longer, there will be a SECOND sound and after that Phantom is powered down completely. After that you must unplug/plug the power cable to switch Phantom on again.

Not difficult if done once.
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
(09-Feb-2017, 23:39)Gremlin Wrote: The first off button that requires you to have a stopwatch that I've ever heard of. WTF?

Did't you buy the Devialet stopwatch when you bought the speakers? It's essential Tongue

Seriously, it's really easy to distinguish the two sounds from each other. The first one is a classical Devialet space sound, the second one is a popping sound. Just release the button when you hear the space sound.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I got a call from Devialet with a confirmation that the standby function has been implemented in Phantom. However, the function still has a bug which causes a complete power down after keeping pressed the on/off button after the standby confirmation sound. That is the reason why Devialet has not yet communicated this new feature officially. This will be done after the bug has been corrected - most likely with the coming DOS release.
Hi all, I'm using my pair of Gold Devialet as tv speaker some times and noticed the right one getting quite warm. Definitely warmer than the left one. Anyone touched their phantoms when playing for long periods of time? Is it normal for them to get quite warm?
(04-Mar-2017, 11:16)adrianaty Wrote: Hi all, I'm using my pair of Gold Devialet as tv speaker some times and noticed the right one getting quite warm. Definitely warmer than the left one. Anyone touched their phantoms when playing for long periods of time? Is it normal for them to get quite warm?

Warm but no difference between left and right
Actually i think i know why. The left one is under my room air vent which cools it down more than the right one. I turned on a fan to blow at the right one and it's now not as warm. I think i might just have a fan on when the speakers on to avoid overheating.
(04-Mar-2017, 11:50)adrianaty Wrote: Actually i think i know why. The left one is under my room air vent which cools it down more than the right one. I turned on a fan to blow at the right one and it's now not as warm. I think i might just have a fan on when the speakers on to avoid overheating.

They are supposed to get warm when used. No need for a fan.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-Mar-2017, 15:40)ragwo Wrote:
(04-Mar-2017, 11:50)adrianaty Wrote: Actually i think i know why. The left one is under my room air vent which cools it down more than the right one. I turned on a fan to blow at the right one and it's now not as warm. I think i might just have a fan on when the speakers on to avoid overheating.

They are supposed to get warm when used. No need for a fan.

I get the impression that due to all the software and firmware issues and the lack of repairs, that they are getting fewer and fewer fans by the day. Wink