Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air via RoonBridge
My main PC is an iMac with external drive containing my music. 

The iMac is in my study and the hifi in the lounge. There is no ethernet cabling in my house. I mostly attempt to use Air over wifi straight from the iMac and I manage to get it going with a bit of persuasion about 60% of the time. When my patience runs out I have a little Asus 10 inch notebook connected to wifi that I use as a RoonBridge connected to the Devialet via USB. The problem is that Air sounds SO MUCH BETTER than USB.

Is it possible to install Air on the Asus laptop together with Roonbridge and then connect to the Devialet via Ethernet. So the signal then goes from Roon on the iMac to Roonbridge (wifi) on the Asus laptop through Air Ethernet to the Devialet?

As a side note, I attempted to load Roon directly on the Asus but due to limitations with screen resolution, Roon refuses to work. If I could get this option work, my problem would have been solved.

Insight and words of wisdom are appreciated. .....

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
It is possible to run Roon bridge and AIR on the same computer, I know I have seen someone do this.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(14-Feb-2017, 09:18)octaviars Wrote: It is possible to run Roon bridge and AIR on the same computer, I know I have seen someone do this.

I have indeed loaded both on the laptop. I just do not know which playback device I need to select on Roon.

Cape Town, South Africa
I have Roon Bridge and AIR running on a Windows VM on my QNAP. I also have AIR on my laptop but it is not currently enabled for Roon.
You can then use Roon Audio Setup on the laptop to enable (and name) AIR on your laptop or another AIR running on your Network.
All enabled playback devices should appear in your list of playback zones and you can choose the appropriate one e.g. "QNAP AIR".
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
You would have to set manual IP adresses for the devialet and the ethernet port on the asus laptop. Most likely in a different subnet than your main network.

That said it might just be easier to bridge the two adapters on the asus laptop and keep everything in the same subnet.

http://m.windowscentral.com/how-set-and-...windows-10
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

@Drifter

You don't go into detail about the problem with screen resolution on the Asus, but I found the following worked on my Lenovo:

Set allow for more album covers and photos? under Roon ->Settings -> General to Yes.

You can also play around with Screen resolution and Display settings although this is a bit more hit and miss.
I found reducing "Change the size of text, apps and other items:" from 150% to 125% worked for me, don't know if that will work on your notebook.
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
(15-Feb-2017, 08:54)Graham Wrote: @Drifter

You don't go into detail about the problem with screen resolution on the Asus, but I found the following worked on my Lenovo:

Set allow for more album covers and photos? under Roon ->Settings -> General to Yes.

You can also play around with Screen resolution and Display settings although this is a bit more hit and miss.
I found reducing "Change the size of text, apps and other items:" from 150% to 125% worked for me, don't know if that will work on your notebook.

Thank you for this.
Managed to get it working.

Cape Town, South Africa