Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AirPlay: Suddenly Erratic
I have two silver phantom connected via dialog, placed in different rooms. I play content on both via an AirPlay connection, one via 5Ghz wifi, the other via PLC. Mostly SiriusXM, some Spotify, some content from Apple's native "music" app, all from an iPad Pro. Since the initial setup, this has functioned flawlessly for about a month in both rooms, up until this week. Since Monday the AirPlay connection has been very erratic-- frequent drop outs, to the point where the speakers are essentially useless, across any of the three services. 
To remedy the issue, I've restarted my Internet modem and all amplifiers (Apple AirPort Extreme x 3), restarted Dialog, and I've unplugged each phantom for a minute. This hasn't helped. 
Has anyone encountered a similar problem? What is the remedy? Given the speakers are spread across four floors of my house, I'm hoping I don't need to go through the re-pairing process (erasing setup, putting in same room as Dialog, setting up as new, etc.). Also, verified 100mbps+ Comcast connection with no issues there.