Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Upgraded Remote Control seems intermittent
(09-Mar-2017, 03:20)tyefighter Wrote: My remote, since 'upgrade' seems to exhibit a slight inertia for a second until it kicks into life. Where as before it seems to respond instantly. A bit of a pain when listening at low levels as I attempt to adjust a small amount and nothing will happen, so I adjust some more and it will jump.

Dunno what they did but it does seem they did something !!

I have noticed the same issue with both my 220 Pro. So I guess it is more of a design issue rather than a fault.
Same here. The remote that came with my 120 was smooth and reaction was instant. The one that came with the 220 upgrade is less on both fronts. However, it does work well enough, it's just not as seamless as before. Annoying, but I can live with it.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
Hi, to the problems with the remote control, I have observed the following behavior. To my listening place I have a small table to the stock iPad and remote control etc. If I now loudly place this is delayed. If I place the remote control on the other side of the listening position, the remote control responds immediately and without delay. Apparently, there are influences in the frequency range, the iPad and Remote control work both in the 2.4GHz range !! Sad Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I seem to have the same problem with my remote since it cam back with my 220 PRO.
The volume control is slightly delayed and does not react as instantly anymore as before. It also sometimes seems to fall asleep for a second...
Beside that and most annoying was to detect some white dust like particles under the screen shield of the knob.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(07-May-2017, 16:08)blair.athol Wrote: I seem to have the same problem with my remote since it cam back with my 220 PRO.
The volume control is slightly delayed and does not react as instantly anymore as before. It also sometimes seems to fall asleep for a second...
Beside that and most annoying was to detect some white dust like particles under the screen shield of the knob.

Hello blair.athol,
had with my old remote control (le120) also white dust under the glass! Screwed and dust-blown!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRwBMqYedZQ
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(07-May-2017, 16:34)K4680 Wrote:
(07-May-2017, 16:08)blair.athol Wrote: I seem to have the same problem with my remote since it cam back with my 220 PRO.

Hello blair.athol,
had with my old remote control (le120) also white dust under the glass! Screwed and dust-blown!?

Thank you! This was easy and most efficient!
Vielen Dank nach Bayern Shy
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(07-May-2017, 19:57)blair.athol Wrote:
(07-May-2017, 16:34)K4680 Wrote:

Hello blair.athol,

Thank you! This was easy and most efficient!
Vielen Dank nach Bayern Shy

Nothing to thank for!
Viele Grüsse aus Bayern Shy
Germany / Bavaria