Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sonic Boom is Coming... and not sure we (Devialet Expert Owners) like that sound..
Interesting article. Seems like all the stars are lining up for mass market products...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/...=flipboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dali Epicon 2 / D220 / Rega RP8 / Oppo 105D / Sonos / Macbook Pro / AIR3 Beta
Very interesting. You'd think that Jay-Z would at least be pushing them to make sure the DAC is capable of MQA decoding. Serious lack of joined-up thinking, as far as I can see. Maybe these guys should spend a bit more time listening to what their customers are asking for.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
QUOTE: Critics argue that better sound can be had for half the price Devialet charges. Simon Lucas, the editor of "What Hi-Fi?" magazine, agrees. “It’s hard to argue with that assertion,” he told me.

I was under the impression it was the other way around and you had to spend twice the amount to achieve Devialet standard of sound??

Plus Devialet may have to rethink who they back for their TV implementation.
As far as I understood, Sharp recently left the TV market.
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(01-Mar-2017, 22:43)tyefighter Wrote: QUOTE: Critics argue that better sound can be had for half the price Devialet charges. Simon Lucas, the editor of "What Hi-Fi?" magazine, agrees. “It’s hard to argue with that assertion,” he told me.

I was under the impression it was the other way around and you had to spend twice the amount to achieve Devialet standard of sound??

+1
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
(02-Mar-2017, 09:44)Nakatomi63 Wrote:
(01-Mar-2017, 22:43)tyefighter Wrote: QUOTE: Critics argue that better sound can be had for half the price Devialet charges. Simon Lucas, the editor of "What Hi-Fi?" magazine, agrees. “It’s hard to argue with that assertion,” he told me.

+1

Strange that they write about Devialet as if it's one of the most expensive brands out there on a site dedicated to the finance industry; the people who CAN actually afford the likes of The Gryphon, Soulution, Vitus, Constellation and the like.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
For the french readers

http://www.latribune.fr/technos-medias/s...71992.html

It seems they work on TV / car integration from 1 year and a half and have some prototypes ...
Roon ROCK - Silent Angel Bonn 8 with Forester F1 - 220 Pro - Penaudio Sara S
Crystal Cable Reference Speaker - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet - Audioquest Tornado
Paris - France
(27-Mar-2017, 13:33)nduchatel Wrote: For the french readers

http://www.latribune.fr/technos-medias/s...71992.html

It seems they work on TV / car integration from 1 year and a half and have some prototypes ...

Thanks for the heads-up. This would be the English version: https://translate.google.com/translate?s...t=&act=url
(27-Mar-2017, 19:09)SwissBear Wrote: Thanks for the heads-up. This would be the English version: https://translate.google.com/translate?s...t=&act=url

Interesting that Devialet always put forward this type of statement:

... to Quentin Sannié, Pierre-Emmanuel Calmel and Emmanuel Nardin, the three co-founders of Devialet.

Whereas I am pretty sure that the reality is that there were five co-founders including Mathias Moronvalle and Manuel De La Fuente, presumably no longer in the business, or at least not Directors and/or Shareholders.

They seem to have been "airbrushed" out!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(28-Mar-2017, 10:52)IanG-UK Wrote: Whereas I am pretty sure that the reality is that there were five co-founders including Mathias Moronvalle and Manuel De La Fuente, presumably no longer in the business, or at least not Directors and/or Shareholders.

I have been wondering what happened to Manuel De La Fuente and Mathias Moronvalle. They where quite prominent during the first years. I also believe there were five in the start.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(29-Mar-2017, 12:05)ogs Wrote:
(28-Mar-2017, 10:52)IanG-UK Wrote: Whereas I am pretty sure that the reality is that there were five co-founders including Mathias Moronvalle and Manuel De La Fuente, presumably no longer in the business, or at least not Directors and/or Shareholders.

I have been wondering what happened to Manuel De La Fuente and Mathias Moronvalle. They where quite prominent during the first years. I also believe there were five in the start.

To quote Winston Churchill, history is written by the victors..... Sad

EDIT: Of course the life of Winston Churchill pre-dated the emergence of the internet.  Re-writing history is not so easy these days:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/...33511.html
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12