Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 vs Supernait/HDX
Gotten very used to the sound over the past 6 days and probably boosted the bass too much in consequence, as you say, of having a perception of how things ought to sound based on my Naim system.

Running it on 60w not 120 and it's just fine but goodness it runs hot. Listening with the lounge door wide open is not really an option in the evening so the heat generated will be a factor in the decision.

Now, can anyone answer the black matte question re: a 120?
As far as I know, there's only one finish for the 120/200, viz. "dark chrome". I've never heard of a matt black option except for the D-Premier.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(11-Dec-2014, 12:54)mikehughescq Wrote: Running it on 60w not 120 and it's just fine but goodness it runs hot.

Devialets tend to run hot when they're new but then run cooler when theyre run-in. There's a thread about this somewhere on the forum. My 200 seldom goes much above 40 degrees internally and that's pretty much the same temperature as other users have reported.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(11-Dec-2014, 12:54)mikehughescq Wrote: Gotten very used to the sound over the past 6 days and probably boosted the bass too much in consequence, as you say, of having a perception of how things ought to sound based on my Naim system.

Running it on 60w not 120 and it's just fine but goodness it runs hot. Listening with the lounge door wide open is not really an option in the evening so the heat generated will be a factor in the decision.

Now, can anyone answer the black matte question re: a 120?

Hi
There is definitely only one finish for the Devialet range now (black chrome); for a short while there was a black and white option for the D Premier.
Thanks (again).

Started to experiment with configurator with mixed results. Can't change the name of the optical input although can do so on line. Very odd. Also struggling to understand the relationship between general and advanced settings. Do you have to load your profile all over again in the latter?
D-Premier back with its owner now after a 13 day home demo that has given me much food for thought. I'll post detailed thoughts in due course if I can but I am clear that however I move forward it will involve compromises. I now have to decide what is and is not an issue; what I can live with and so on.