Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the setup
Hi, I am new in this forum and I am considering replacing my analog setup for a Devialet 400. My current system is:
Pre Mark Levinson 326s
Power Mono Parasound Halo JC1
dCS Puccini U-clock
TT VPI Classic3 with Miyajima Kansui
Pre Phono Pass Labs XP-25
Pre Phono Audio Research PH7
TT Rega RP8 with Lyra Kleos
Speaker B&W 802 Diamond

I'm planning on staying only with the TT VPI.
VPI Classic3 & Miyajima Kansui, Rega RP8 & Lyra Kleos, dCS Puccini & U-Clock. Pre Mark Levinson 326s, Power Mono Parasound Halo JC1, Phonostage Pass Labs XP-25, Phonostage Audio Research PH7.B&W 802 Diamond.
Welcome!

Just go for it. You will not regret it...

My only recommendation is, keep the Puccini UClock until you compare it to direct USB input (or other digital inputs) of Devialet. Uclock is a gem.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Hi, this is really my fear. How good is the USB input devialet once use my computer to play digital music.

Puccini and Uclock is actually pretty good, but I think it will not make much difference since all the line inputs are converted AD/DA on devialet and not have the full use of the Puccini.
VPI Classic3 & Miyajima Kansui, Rega RP8 & Lyra Kleos, dCS Puccini & U-Clock. Pre Mark Levinson 326s, Power Mono Parasound Halo JC1, Phonostage Pass Labs XP-25, Phonostage Audio Research PH7.B&W 802 Diamond.
(05-Nov-2014, 01:04)mmcl Wrote: Hi, this is really my fear. How good is the USB input devialet once use my computer to play digital music.

Puccini and Uclock is actually pretty good, but I think it will not make much difference since all the line inputs are converted AD/DA on devialet and not have the full use of the Puccini.

Unfortunately, it will make much difference.

Just try.

USB is pretty good, by the way. Just make sure you don't miss anything.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
what are you planning to replace the 802s with ?
I live in Brazil and it´s difficult to try good speaker and good prices. We have taxes and fee a lot. I will stay with 802D and change all devices. Tomorrow I will listen a setup devialet and 802d in local dealer to decide.
then definitly ask the dealer to demonstrate SAM. The 802d profile is available. This makes a huge difference.
(06-Nov-2014, 02:15)mmcl Wrote: I live in Brazil and it´s difficult to try good speaker and good prices. We have taxes and fee a lot. I will stay with 802D and change all devices. Tomorrow I will listen a setup devialet and 802d in local dealer to decide.

How did you get on?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK