Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet vs. USB
(28-Nov-2014, 00:53)Confused Wrote:
(28-Nov-2014, 00:16)xy1689 Wrote: In my system, the wifi is better than ethernet better than usb,I have test the aq diamond usb cable and usb isolator of yiheng and the y head usb cable made by diyer,which is far better than aq diamond.but usb still have the worst performance in my system,i guess the people who don't like rj45 or wifi do not have a great router and great psu for router.... I use the netgear r8000 and the kikusui psu to power the router....

An interesting post, there is much on this forum regarding often very expensive cables and optimising USB etc. But how good can wireless AIR be if fully optimised? After all, a Netgear R8000 is a lot cheaper than many cable options. My router is simply whatever the free 5G thing is that I got with a Virgin Media broadband package, and until now I hadn't given it a moments thought.

please note that 5g wifi is useless to devialet, because they don't support it.....so find a best 2.4g router is the best choice.....r8000 do have great 2.4g performance......
Yes, I am aware that the Devialet does not support 5G, the router is simply what I got for "free" from the broadband supplier. (I've seen 5G support on the current Devialet Facebook page wish list). 5G is handy for the iPhone / iPad etc. though.

But here is a confession, I have had my Devialet over a year now, and never even tried wireless AIR, a combination of being far to busy to be bothered with such things, plus a slightly lazy assumption that wired Ethernet is better. However, I think your post has inspired my interest enough to give it a try!
(28-Nov-2014, 00:16)xy1689 Wrote: In my system, the wifi is better than ethernet better than usb,I have test the aq diamond usb cable and usb isolator of yiheng and the y head usb cable made by diyer,which is far better than aq diamond.but usb still have the worst performance in my system,i guess the people who don't like rj45 or wifi do not have a great router and great psu for router.... I use the netgear r8000 and the kikusui psu to power the router....

Funny, for me it is exactly the other way around USB sounds best, followed by ethernet and last WiFi. But this is on an fairly complete tuned PC that's also fed with clean power (linear PSU's, batteries for SSD+USB card and Power Plant regenerated power).

I don't think a router has much to do with it (but for the record I was using a Asus RT-N66U back then and I set it up as a dedicated WiFi accesspoint only, it ran no other tasks). I and others have also tested direct ethernet connections without any router or switch in the signal path. Some have also experimented with ethernet isolators and ethernet to optical converters.

The fact that you find WiFi is best in your situation makes me think that perhaps your computer is noisy (RFI/EMI). I've learned in the past months that every DAC (very few exceptions) is very susceptible to this noise including the one in the Devialet. What kind of computer do you use (PC/Mac), what hardware is in it and what's your software setup (OS, playback programs etc.)? Did you do any optimizations (in software or hardware) targeted to reduce noise? How do you power the PC and what kind of PSU's do you use for/in the computer?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I use an optimized pc called yudazhuanji which i think it's really good for a pc to play music, it from a Chinese diyer, and i have used the yiheng usb processor to deal with the noise problem that usb always have, and I use cmp+foobar to play music,the reason that i don't use cplay is it is not convenient. The yiheng usb processor is great! Highly recommended if you us usb. But I think it only sell in China..... Here is the taobao link of the processors pchifi
cas hifi usb2.0处理器 提高解码器性能 包邮 (全新) http://tb.cn/bRtL0Qy
use Google translate if you do not understand Chinese……
Looks nice but there's not a lot of information there (the text in Chinese is in pictures so can't be translated).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(28-Nov-2014, 15:17)Antoine Wrote: Looks nice but there's not a lot of information there (the text in Chinese is in pictures so can't be translated).

there is a blog introduce it with devialet……
http://blog.sina.cn/dpool/blog/s/blog_4e...ml?type=-1
Does anyone sell audio optimised PC's in the UK or Europe? Low spec PC's are so cheap now, so fully tweaked they could still be reasonable value?
In the UK itemaudio.co.uk is a well known vendor that participates on the different forums as well.

The Netherlands
(29-Nov-2014, 01:31)Antoine Wrote: In the UK itemaudio.co.uk is a well known vendor that participates on the different forums as well.

here i have got a intro from the yiheng...

逸恒音响工作室介绍
About Yiheng Audio Studio
  逸恒音响工作室是慧道文化转播有限公司下属部门,由资深音乐工作者与业界富有经验的音响电子工程师组成,致力开发具有国际水平的音响产品。产品理念:不做大部分人舍得购买的商品,只做大部分认同的作品;声学理念:自然是音响的本真,情感是音乐的基础,没有不动人的音乐,只有不感人的器材。
Yiheng Audio Studio, a subsidiary of Shenzhen Huidao Media Co., Ltd., boasts a team of senior music professionals and highly experienced acoustics engineers, who are committed to the development of world level acoustic products. Instead of making commodities that most people will buy, they produce works that claim the approval of most consumers. They believe the nature of an acoustic device lies in what it is and emotion is the basis of music. The music is always moving, but the apparatus is not.

产品说明
About Product
HIFI USB2.0处理器是逸恒音响工作室耗时三载开发的,针对高端HIFI市场,应用于目前主流USB解码器(界面)、USB播放器、USB声卡等声响器材,革命性地解决了USB传输带来的差模、共模等干扰问题,为USB解码等器材带来纯净、稳定的工作环境,提升USB器材的性能,效果显著,是USB解码器等产品升级的最佳选择。
HIFI USB2.0 Processor is developed by Yiheng Audio Studio for high-end HIFI markets and applies to mainstream USB decoders (interface), USB players and USB sound cards. The three-year efforts have paid off in a revolutionary solution that removes common and differential mode interference in USB transmission, creating a pure and stable working environment for USB decoders and remarkably improving the performance of USB apparatus. It is the best choice for upgrading USB decoders and other devices.

性能作用
Functions and Performance
处理器为后端器材提供优质、纯净、稳定的再生电源,过滤USB传输通道中引入的电脑干扰以及环境干扰,保护过滤处理后的信源不被再度污染。
The processor provides rear apparatus with high quality, pure and stable power supply, removes computer and environmental interference from the USB transmission channel, and protects the filtered signal against any pollution.

技术特点
Technical Benefits
成熟稳定的电源处理技术:
Mature and reliable power processing technology:
使用特别订制的音频变压器,金属密封结构,有效降低变压器自身的机械振动及隔离电磁干扰。采取成熟的甲类线性供电线路,电源转换速率高,输出纹波低,令音乐细节丰富,听感温润、稳定、透明。放弃双重或多重LC滤波线路,避免产生“重叠效应”引致的乐器质感变异以及丧失音乐活生感等现象。
Custom-made audio transformer and sealed metal structure are adopted to reduce transformer vibration and insulate electromagnetic interference. Cat. A linear power circuit is used for high power conversion rate and low output ripple, producing music rich in detail and mellow, steady and transparent to the ear. Dual and multiple LC filter circuits are abandoned to avoid Overlapping, which may lead to a sense of change in instrument texture and the loss of life in the music.

革命性的主动滤波技术:
Revolutionary active filtration technology:
拥有40多年航天通讯滤波技术经验的设计团队开发出的主动滤波模组,能有效去除线路中共模、差模干扰,尤其对于低频段干扰效果显著;其性能的优越性及稳定性达到世界目前最高技术水平,从本质上解决了电脑系统带来的音质恶化问题,为PC HIFI带来前所未有的听觉体验;由于该项技术处于目前行业的领先地位,保证本产品用于目前绝大部分高端器材都具有正面提升作用。
The team of designers invests their four decades of experience of aerospace communication filtration technology in the active filtration module, which effectively removes common and differential mode interference, low-frequency interference in particular, from the circuit. Its performance and reliability are the highest in the world, solving once for all the acoustic deterioration from the computer system and bringing about unprecedented hearing experience to PC HIFI systems. The leading technology ensures that the product improves the performance of most high-end apparatus currently available.

精确的元器件搭配:
Precise match of elements and components:
根据不同材质物料的声音特点,精选优质电子元件进行反复搭配试听,确保声音的纯度、平衡度及音乐感染力的正确重现。减少有芯电感、陶瓷元件和劣质元件的应用,极大地降低元件自身产生二次污染的可能性。坚持少一颗元件就少一种干扰的原则,尽量精减元件数量,并优化线路设计,将影响声音效果的可能性降到最低。
In accordance with the acoustic features of different materials, hand-picked elements are tested for different matches to ensure correct reproduction of the purity, balance and inspiration of the music. Core inductors and ceramic elements are used but not so frequently, greatly reducing the risk of secondary pollution from such elements. As each element is a source of interference, fewer elements and optimal circuit design will suppress to the minimum the adverse influence to the acoustic effect.

极致的防震、屏蔽技术:
Ultimate vibration-proof and screening technology:
采用进口铝材CNC切割一体成型机壳,加强加厚机身,以及PCB板倒置安装的设计,有利于提升机器的抗干扰以及防震能力。多种特殊物料的屏蔽组合,尽一切可能隔绝辐射与干扰,同时杜绝处理后的信源遭受再度污染,保证后端器材接收到纯净稳定的源流,让该器材正常发挥应有的性能。
The CNC machined one-piece aluminum case, thick walls and reverse mounted PCB help enhance interference and vibration resistance. The employment of various special screening materials impedes all possible radiation and interference and prevents pollutions to the processed signals, ensuring pure and steady source supply to the rear devices for normal performance.

中性、平衡、自然的校声原则:
Neutral, balanced and natural principles for calibration:
不改变原有系统的声音特质;不染色、不强调、不改变平衡度,不为音响系统增加一个固定的“均衡器”,自然而然地体现后端器材性能。我们唯一做的就是:清除电脑干扰、还原声音本来面目!
No change to the acoustic features of the system, no coloration, stress or change to balance; no extra Equalizer to the acoustic system; the rear apparatus exerts its performance in the most natural way. The only work that we do is to brush any and all computer interference off the face of true music!

使用说明
User Instruction
1、本产品适用于各种兼容usb2.0协议的产品,不需要驱动程序,不存在兼容性问题。
1 This product applies to all USB2.0 compatible systems, and you don’t need any driver. Compatibility is not a problem at all.
2、本产品对电源环境敏感,优质的电源环境对产品性能的发挥有极大的帮助;用户可以通过使用不同的电源线材或电源处理器来调校你的音响系统,以期达到你所追求的声音效果。
2 This product is sensitive to power environment, and premium power environment greatly helps with the product performance. You can try different power cords and power processors to calibrate your audio system for the expected acoustic effect.
3、本机器不设电源开关,可以长期通电,通常开机15五分钟后机器会进入稳定状态。
3 This product does not have a power button, and you can just leave it on. The machine usually needs 15 minutes to stabilize after you plug it into an outlet.
4、由于本机器工作处于甲类状态,整个机壳为散热器设计,机壳表面若有高温,属于正常现象,最好将机器放置于有利于热量流通扩散的位置。
4 This product works in Cat. A status, and the machine case is also the radiator. High temperature is normal with the machine, and you are recommended to leave it in a well ventilated place.

注意事项
Precautions
1、 本机器使用了较为优质的电子零件,新产品通电带负荷使用200小时后状态更佳.
1 This product is made of quality electronic components and will come into best performance after 200 hours of loaded operation.
2、 在长期不使用的情况下,应拔掉电源,放置于通风干燥的地方;潮湿天气不使用时,应用配套塑料袋包装密封好,避免机器内部屏蔽的特殊材料受潮脱落或变质失效。
2 This product, if left unused for an extensive period, should be disconnected from the power supply and stored in a dry and well ventilated place. In case of humid climate, wrap it with plastic bags to keep off damp, which is harmful to the screening materials in the machine.
3、 由于机壳在使用时温度可以达到60°左右,避免儿童及婴幼儿触摸机器以防造成伤害。
3 The temperature may rise to as high as 60 degree Celsius in the case when the machine is in use. Keep kids and babies away from the machine to avoid scalding hazard.
4、 本产品经过专业音乐人士长时间调校,机箱内任何电子零件、任何屏蔽材料都对声音起到决定性作用,不能随意更换或撕毁、裸露,否则会对产品的效果带来严重影响。
4 This product is calibrated by music professionals. Any electronic components and screening materials inside the machine are of acoustic importance. Any replacement, removal or exposure will seriously compromise the product performance.
5、本产品采用特殊安装工艺,未经指引强行拆卸pcb板,将会对线路板造成彻底损坏。
5 Special technologies are adopted in the assembly of this product. Any unwarranted teardown of the PCB will have it demolished.

免责声明
Exemption Statement
1、注:产品商标 (逸恒音响)所有权 归属深圳市慧道文化传播有限公司。
1 Note: Trademark Yiheng Audio is the property of Shenzhen Huidao Media Co., Ltd.
2、本产品制作工艺 ,包括内部结构用料以 及外观设计,版权所有。若有改变不另行通知。
2 All rights reserved. The production process, materials of internal structure and external design are subject to change without notice.

技术参数
Technical Parameters
输入电压:AC 220V 50HZ
Input Voltage: AC 220V 50Hz
输出电压:DC 5V
Output Voltage: DC 5V
输出电流:MAX 500MA
Output Current: Max. 500mA
技术指标:1kHz至500kHz,PARD衰减大于30dB;50Hz至500Hz,PARD衰减大于20dB;效率高达99%。
Technical Indices: PARD attenuation above 30dB (1KHz – 500KHz) and 20dB (50Hz – 500Hz); efficiency: 99%.
产品尺寸:长249MM 宽124MM 高58MM
Product Dimensions: 249mm x 124mm x 58mm
毛 重:4.3KG
Gross Weight: 4.3kg
净 重:3.5KG
Net Weight: 3.5kg

直营网址:http://yihenghifi.taobao.com/
售后服务:0755-85272588 18938093129
Service Number: 0755-85272588 18938093129
服务时间:09:00至12:00 14:00至18:30
Business Hours: 09:00 – 12:00
14:00 – 18:30
试听体验:深圳市宝安区福永大道66号1205逸恒音响工作室
Address: Yiheng Audio Studio, Room 1205, 66 Fuyong Avenue, Bao’an, Shenzhen
用户交流:299033402(QQ群)
QQ Chat: 299033402
E-MAIL :yihengaudio@126.com
E-mail: yihengaudio@126.com

开发推广:深圳市慧道文化传播有限公司
Development & Promotion:
Shenzhen Huidao Media Co., Ltd.
生产售后:东莞市明珍电器有限公司
Manufacture & After-sale Service:
Dongguan Mingzhen Electrical Appliances Co., Ltd.
代理合作:0755-85272588 18665888480
For agency cooperation, please call at 0755-85272588 18665888480
Looks like a clean USB power supply solution plus a common and differential mode interference filter for mostly low frequency interference, but not the much higher frequency RFI generated inside computers.

I'm not sure if it's the lower or higher frequencies that hurt the signal the most. I guess Totaldac knows as they also have developed a USB signal and power filtering filtering unit that I now know from personal experience works like a charm! Smile

The Netherlands