Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
(23-Feb-2017, 19:38)Mihaylov Wrote: The release notes are here: http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/multi/...w-win.html
Unfortunately only in Japanese.

Thanks. Just open in Chrome or use Google translate.

Is there a difference between "MELCO Localplay" and "G3 playback engine (β)"? The long awaited Melco app or something else?
Information on the new Melcos is on the website now.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

The N1 Local USB-DAC Player supports PCM up to 384 kHz / 32 bit, and DSD up to 11.3 MHz Quad DSD.
Downloaded it earlier - no issues. Early days but as standard the SQ has gone up. Not so sure about the Beta Playback engine yet but it does sound different. I'll be interested in others thoughts.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
(25-Feb-2017, 18:18)james n Wrote: Downloaded it earlier - no issues. Early days but as standard the SQ has gone up. Not so sure about the Beta Playback engine yet but it does sound different. I'll be interested in others thoughts.

James

I'm not really detecting much in the way of an SQ increase. i just tried the beta playback engine and I'm not so keen - it sounds a bit smeared/lacking in focus in the mid-to-highs.

I was expecting a bit more from this firmware update, and the lack of anything Ken Block-related is a real kicker too.
Yes the Beta Playback sounds a bit diffuse - i prefer the standard mode.

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
Ok lovely people of Devialet Chat...arguably the most knowledgeable people on the planet. I wonder if you can solve this conundrum for me? I have Jriver running on my laptop connected to Melco via a wired router. Melco is then connected to my lovely D400 via USB. Now here is the utterly diabolical part, I cant seem to load DSD albums onto Jriver. All the albums encoded in FLAC show up when I load the Melco library (which shows up as DLNA server) into Jriver accept the DSD ones. Any help with this will be highly appreciated, as this is driving me mad. And I do not want to spend another £400 on a wireless access point + iPad.
Right I found Kinsky desktop to works perfectly with Melco. And it's free. Shame I wasted £40 on Jriver. The support from Jriver has been atrocious, non existent. I personally avoid any RF around my setup. On a side note the new firmware sounds has better spatial cueing. Using the standard mode and I agree the Beta playback sounds more diffused. But then it is meant for many DSD playback.
(27-Feb-2017, 01:21)Devialetuser Wrote: Right I found Kinsky desktop to works perfectly with Melco. And it's free. Shame I wasted £40 on Jriver. The support from Jriver has been atrocious, non existent. I personally avoid any RF around my setup. On a side note the new firmware sounds has better spatial cueing. Using the standard mode and I agree the Beta playback sounds more diffused. But then it is meant for many DSD playback.

Try the Lumin app, as it appears to work flawlessly now and I think it's better than Kinsky
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Wink 
Hi, 2 years Kinsky used, use now Lumin, runs more smoothly! The FW 3.21 runs without problems. All the new additional features, playing music from CD or ripping, playback of USB media without memory point to the Melco app! Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria