Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B&W 802 Diamond with SAM ?
(13-Nov-2014, 21:32)theaudioguru Wrote: I wondering @moreno1973, what full range speakers you might recommend with devialet?

I just didn't like very much the sound of 800 with 802D. IMO this sound was not worth that money. It was STUDIO sound more than an audiophile sound for pleasure during late Friday night;-)

Best sound ever from Devialet I heard while listening 250 with SF Guarneri Evolution (SAM off). Great natural bass (for small woofers) plus wonderful midrange and high tones.

Full range? I am not expert in this range of speakers. I know better smaller ones;-)

But maybe try SF Amati Futura.
(13-Nov-2014, 23:57)Gentleman Wrote: Hello everybody.

As I mentioned before some of my buddies spent much more for their setup (i.e. WILSON W/P 8, AVM MA8 and Linn Klimax DS, all cables NBS and Straight Wire Crescendo) and even though we are tweaking these systems for years already the performance / SQ can not keep up with my "inexpensive" chain which I started to bring up only five month ago......

From my experience SAM is a big step and a real game changer.

And now lets go to bed. Have a good night folks!
Thanks @Gentleman, that's an impressive comparison.I know we all say this but I want to keep these speakers for a long time. Namely I want them to be substantially better than what I have rather than a lateral move. I'm also interested in the cables you're using.
I have more listening to do Smile
theaudioguru

(14-Nov-2014, 17:40)moreno1973 Wrote: [quote='theaudioguru' pid='5388' dateline='1415910761']
I
Best sound ever from Devialet I heard while listening 250 with SF Guarneri Evolution (SAM off). Great natural bass (for small woofers) plus wonderful midrange and high tones.

Full range? I am not expert in this range of speakers. I know better smaller ones;-)

But maybe try SF Amati Futura.
Thanks @moreno1973, I had the SF Cremona a few years ago but had poor amplification for them. I've been tempted since by the SF Cremona Elpisa, any experience of them?
theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.