Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries Vs Aurender X100
(22-Dec-2014, 15:06)PhilP Wrote: Meanwhile I heard that Qobuz are planning a 24-bit streaming service... I would doubt whether this will be viable for many users

Any source about the plans of Qobuz?
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(22-Dec-2014, 16:37)Charlemagne Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 15:06)PhilP Wrote: Meanwhile I heard that Qobuz are planning a 24-bit streaming service... I would doubt whether this will be viable for many users

I found this article about the future of Qobuz very interesting :

LesEchos
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(22-Dec-2014, 18:37)PhilP Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 16:37)Charlemagne Wrote:

I found this article about the future of Qobuz very interesting :

LesEchos

PhilP if you may, what is the gist of the article?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(22-Dec-2014, 18:39)amabrok Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 18:37)PhilP Wrote: I found this article about the future of Qobuz very interesting :

LesEchos

Ok - a quick summary as I'm meant to be looking after my young son Smile

The period of financial protection is being extended until Feb/March 2015. Theyre trying to raise a further €11m and are in discussions with two or three possible investors.

They have 62,000 users and are aiming for 100,000 next year.

Theyre launching a new mobile app

This article doesn't say that theyre planning a new 24 bit streaming service which is what I was told it said. Perhaps the person who told me (who shall remain nameless) needs to practice their French Smile

Sorry, thats all for now my son is suqeezing a smelly trashcan monster in my face ;
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(22-Dec-2014, 18:48)PhilP Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 18:39)amabrok Wrote:
(22-Dec-2014, 18:37)PhilP Wrote: I found this article about the future of Qobuz very interesting :

LesEchos

Ok - a quick summary as I'm meant to be looking after my young son Smile

The period of financial protection is being extended until Feb/March 2015. Theyre trying to raise a further €11m and are in discussions with two or three possible investors.

They have 62,000 users and are aiming for 100,000 next year.

Theyre launching a new mobile app

This article doesn't say that theyre planning a new 24 bit streaming service which is what I was told it said. Perhaps the person who told me (who shall remain nameless) needs to practice their French Smile

Sorry, thats all for now my son is suqeezing a smelly trashcan monster in my face ;

much appreciated Smile thanks!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Thanks PhilP!

Here is an addition to what you already told us: I also have understood that they are eager to stay independent, meaning they want to avoid being bought by major compagnies on the market. Most of there new customers are in the UK and the Netherlands. 70% of there customers is only downloading versus 30% that has a suscription.

I personally have onderstood that they are about to present a new type of suscription for streaming which at the same time will give you the right to download highres titles at reduced rates. So the ones with this type of suscription get a discount when downloading (i.e buying) highres titles. There are actually not talking about streaming in highres.

The article also says that Qobuz is aiming on further development of highres content and that the younger public is still to be convinced of the superiority of highres titles.

The article also says that Deezer has plans in develloping high quality streaming for the USA (not for Europe). I guess the journalist does mean lossless streaming, not highres streaming as yet. Cheers, Charlemagne (Néerlandais mais aussi un peu francophone)
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(22-Dec-2014, 19:34)Charlemagne Wrote: Thanks PhilP!

Here is an addition to what you already told us: I also have understood that they are eager to stay independent, meaning they want to avoid being bought by major compagnies on the market. Most of there new customers are in the UK and the Netherlands. 70% of there customers is only downloading versus 30% that has a suscription.

I personally have onderstood that they are about to present a new type of suscription for streaming which at the same time will give you the right to download highres titles at reduced rates. So the ones with this type of suscription get a discount when downloading (i.e buying) highres titles. There are actually not talking about streaming in highres.

The article also says that Qobuz is aiming on further development of highres content and that the younger public is still to be convinced of the superiority of highres titles.

The article also says that Deezer has plans in develloping high quality streaming for the USA (not for Europe). I guess the journalist does mean lossless streaming, not highres streaming as yet. Cheers, Charlemagne (Néerlandais mais aussi un peu francophone)

thanks for the additional info. and yes you have a bit of francophone in you Smile

Dubai, UAE
Here's a comparison of sorts (http://www.highfidelity.pl/@main-523&lang=en). Although it is a review of the Aries, the reviewer has also reviewed the Aurender 100XL, and does conclude with the following:

"[The Aries] is a well balanced, “mature” sound. It is not as smooth and rich as the sound of Lumin, nor has it such a deep base of the sound of Aurender and Ayon, but these are much more expensive devices. But it is surely as clear, dynamic sounding as them. It is a small, well equipped device. It can easily be used even in quite expensive audio systems. RED Fingerprint."
I have a question about the integration of TIDAL (and Qobuz for the ARIES) : we can built a playlist that include a mix a localy stored files and music files coming from Tidal (or Qobuz) ?

If such "mix" Playlist are possible, this will be a « real » good integration of streaming service in a Music server :-)

thanks in advance
(15-Nov-2014, 12:44)amabrok Wrote:
(15-Nov-2014, 11:55)Charlemagne Wrote:
(15-Nov-2014, 07:56)amabrok Wrote: Thanks Charlemagne!

very helpful regarding the Auralic Aries. Hopefully my local dealer will have it within a week or so and then i will get a chance to demo it.

Your wellcome! Don't forget to post your impressions about the AA. In the meanwhile, while you're waiting for the demo, you can read this excellent review on Computer Audiophile.

ChM

Hello All:
I have been using the Auralic Aries for about a month. First unit defective, second unit working with some strange nuances...overall sound quite good playing from my library via NAS and streaming Tidal. Set up us AA into McIntosh C50 preamp with Genelec HT210B/stereo. I have been using Tidal successfully for 1 year plus, worked flawlessly through mobile (iPhone 6+) and through both Sonos and Bluesound. Quite perplexing I am now experiencing significant and sporadic dropout with the AA in the config described. Am I possibly missing something?
Thanks

+1

(15-Nov-2014, 12:13)krass Wrote: and for another comparison, Ted B is running a CA article series comparing 3 different approaches (Aries, Aurender and a custom-built computer)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...roduction/

unfortunately he has only posted part 1 intro so far, so you have to wait for the detailed assessment of Aries and Aurender...

Thanks Krass

i read the intro and sounds exactly like what i was looking for. looking forward to seeing Ted's follow up 3 parts.