Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Labs Nano Transport
(19-Nov-2014, 02:07)ThierryNK Wrote:
(16-Nov-2014, 17:49)rwjr44 Wrote: Is it available in the U.S.A.

You can mail to: siea3d at gmail.com

Thank you.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Just received some new information regarding the Nano Transport. Interesting... it would appear that the Nano includes a reclocker - see details of SRC (Sampling Rate Conversion) below.

Guillaume

.pdf   3D-2014-docNANO--page-2.pdf (Size: 131.28 KB / Downloads: 42)

.pdf   3D-2014-doc-NANO--page-4.pdf (Size: 43.86 KB / Downloads: 22)

.pdf   3D-2014-doc-NANO-page-1.pdf (Size: 966.35 KB / Downloads: 33)

.pdf   3D-2014-doc-NANO-page-3.pdf (Size: 269.69 KB / Downloads: 24)
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Any idea of the $?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(18-Feb-2015, 18:20)AaronG Wrote: Any idea of the $?

It's listed at 1,750 euros on a French website... no idea of USD cost I'm afraid. Will try and find out more.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(18-Feb-2015, 17:14)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just received some new information regarding the Nano Transport. Interesting... it would appear that the Nano includes a reclocker - see details of SRC (Sampling Rate Conversion) below.

Guillaume

Thanks for posting this info. So the Nano seems to use SRC, not a proper reclocker like your d1 server. Or maybe the Nano reclocks even when the SRC is turned off? A bit unclear in the litterature.
I believe the Devialet amps upsample everything anyway. My 250 (and the 120/200) to 192kHz and the monoblocks to 384kHz. I guess this is also done with a SRC chip.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I get the impression it both reclocks and upsamples, though the upsampling is optional (specify it on ordering but is switchable by internal DIP switches). I could be wrong.

[edit] But then it says in the literature (page 2) that 'NANO NETWORK TRANSPORT can be used with an external WORLD CLOCK. So not sure if that implies there's no internal reclocking.
(18-Feb-2015, 18:58)ogs Wrote:
(18-Feb-2015, 17:14)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just received some new information regarding the Nano Transport. Interesting... it would appear that the Nano includes a reclocker - see details of SRC (Sampling Rate Conversion) below.

Guillaume

Thanks for posting this info. So the Nano seems to use SRC, not a proper reclocker like your d1 server. Or maybe the Nano reclocks even when the SRC is turned off? A bit unclear in the litterature.
I believe the Devialet amps upsample everything anyway. My 250 (and the 120/200) to 192kHz and the monoblocks to 384kHz. I guess this is also done with a SRC chip.

Just rereading all the info and I think you are right - the Nano Network Transport features SRC upsampling only. The confusion I think comes from the fact that the Nano Network Player which includes a DAC and is also featured in the same information sheet also reclocks. 

Guillaume

UK
Here's the rear view of the Transport. There's a 'word clock' connection on the back. Not sure if 3D Labs produce the word clock too.
[Image: Zd8PtMO.jpg]
Ok I heard back from the manufacturer, the Nano Transport both reclocks and upsamples thanks to SRC. Also the Word Clock is really for PRO and studio use. Last but not least in can be delivered in both 110 and 240V versions.

I am hoping to get my hands on a demo unit in the next 3-4 weeks. Should be very interesting indeed.

Guillaume

UK
Are there any UK dealers?
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland