Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome finish deterioration ?
I was just reading a review of some speakers (Soltanus
ESL Virtuoso) on the Six Moons web site and the authors (Marja and Henk) stated they hooked them up to a D-Premier, whose "once shiny finish is starting to sadly deteriorate." I bought a Devialet 170/200 and wonder whether I will have the same problem. Any thoughts?
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Till now I didn't experience any problems. I bought the D-Premier (chrome polished) over two years ago. 11 months ago I did the upgrade to the 250. It came back nice and shiny; the fingerprints were polished away at the occasion. I don't touch it anymore since, there's no reason to for me. I do use a very light plumeau to get rid of the dust, once a week.

There is another thread about keeping your Dev in good shape: http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Cleaning-the-Devialet

From the Devialet helpdesk:

Quote:How to clean your Devialet product
Both the amplifier's body and the remote control is made of hand-polished solid aluminium with a layer of copper and nickel. The delicate surface is sensitive to finger acidity and grease. We recommend that you regularly clean the surface with the supplied cloth. If marks or stains are persistent, you may want to use a soft cloth moistened with alcohol or a window cleaning product.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
My Devialets are 4 years old and are fine but I do clean off fingerprints immediately. The most-used remote control still looks like new too.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I guess they clean it the wrong way, or don't clean it all.

https://help.devialet.com/entries/234072...et-product

Both the amplifier's body and the remote control is made of hand-polished solid aluminium with a layer of copper and nickel. The delicate surface is sensitive to finger acidity and grease. We recommend that you regularly clean the surface with the supplied cloth. If marks or stains are persistent, you may want to use a soft cloth moistened with alcohol or a window cleaning product.

This text above BTW is written for the original silver colored D-Premier. I believe the new Devialets have an improved coating and of course also the black chrome layer.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I do not own a D-anything but I never touch any equipment with bare hands. I keep a pair of white cotton gloves on my equipment rack. I never have to clean grease or salt off of my black equipment. When I sell equipment I get comments from the buyers that it looks like I never used the item.

I also have special tools for dusting.

I find it easier and more satisfying to keep equipment free of contamination rather than have to remove it.

(20-Nov-2014, 21:41)Antoine Wrote: I guess they clean it the wrong way, or don't clean it all.

https://help.devialet.com/entries/234072...et-product

This text above BTW is written for the original silver colored D-Premier. I believe the new Devialets have an improved coating and of course also the black chrome layer.
Hi Bentrider, I fully agree with you. Devialet also supplies their equipment with a pair of gloves. Smile

I am assuming that since Marja and Henk are reviewers for 6Moons they move their equipment very often to make room for other devices on test.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands