Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users of the AES/EBU input and cables
Hello - just upgraded to D400 and want to test the AES/EBU vs digital. ..will either of these do the job?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/D...oC127w_wcB

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-240-audioqu...ts-pr.aspx

Thanks!
While I cannot speak to the quality or performance of either cable the cable from Sweetwater should work. The other cable from Musicdirect doesn't appear to be the correct cable - I think the picture is throwing you possibly making you think the cable indicates that the cable has a RCA on one end the XLR on the other. Not that Audioquest couldn't build a custom cable for you but I think in this instance the cable isn't a working solution and from this retailer can only be ordered in either version but not RCA/XLR version.
Oppo 95 >> HDMI >> Kanex De-embedder >> Digital Coax >> Dev 400 >> Bryston Middle T
(23-May-2016, 18:26)Ron D Wrote: While I cannot speak to the quality or performance of either cable the cable from Sweetwater should work. The other cable from Musicdirect doesn't appear to be the correct cable - I think the picture is throwing you possibly making you think the  cable indicates that the cable has a RCA on one end the XLR on the other. Not that Audioquest couldn't build a custom cable for you but I think in this instance the cable isn't a working solution and from this retailer can only be ordered in either version but not RCA/XLR version.

I think you are correct re the musicdirect cable. . I'll order the sweetwater and post my findings. Thanks!
So how do I use the configurator to tell it to link of the RCA-->AES/EBU instead of RCA-->RCA? I can't see that option.

thanks
here is what I did and remember I am anything but an expert....

I had to add in a 3rd devialet then I was able to us ethe XLR on the 2nd unit to act as a digital input for the RCA/XLR cable. Then I deleted the 3rd unit and I was OK to move forward. Its a funky way and probably not necessary but it worked for me.
Oppo 95 >> HDMI >> Kanex De-embedder >> Digital Coax >> Dev 400 >> Bryston Middle T
(27-May-2016, 23:17)actx76092 Wrote: So how do I use the configurator to tell it to link of the RCA-->AES/EBU instead of RCA-->RCA?  I can't see that option.

thanks

I have a pair of D-Premiers and all I did in the configurator was to click on the RCA output of the Master and AES input of the Slave and it worked  first time, no need to have a 3rd unit to set it up.

Give it a try and see how you go

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Yes to change from RCA to RCA just click on the AES input of the second Devialet. ( The one on the bottom of the Configuration screen. )

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Update. . .
This cable works http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/D...oC127w_wcB. Only a few hours listening and it is noticeably less harsh/bright than the included RCA cable. I will do some back and forth to see which I prefer.
Having read all the posts on this important subject, it appears that the best bet for me would be to get hold of a true 110Ω AES-EBU  XLR-XLR terminated cable and use one of the undermentioned adapters for the RCA on the Master.

[img][Image: 6888.jpg][/img]
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(19-Jul-2016, 12:10)audio_engr Wrote: Having read all the posts on this important subject, it appears that the best bet for me would be to get hold of a true 110Ω AES-EBU  XLR-XLR terminated cable and use one of the undermentioned adapters for the RCA on the Master.

[img][Image: 6888.jpg][/img]

Or you can purchase one with a RCA connection on one end by request from DH Labs as I have done. ( Just another option ).

http://www.silversonic.com/docs/products/D110.html
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US