Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amabrok's System
(22-Nov-2014, 12:29)Confused Wrote: @Charlemagne - Interesting post, from what I am inferring from what you have said, it looks like something like the PS Audio Detect or the Quintet might actually be a very useful addition to a Devialet powered system? I know Devilaet's are "noisy" in terms of mains interference, but for me I am reluctant to consider something like the "Power Regenerator" type of kit for the Devialet itself.

Hi Confused,

I agree with Chm.

also you may want to know, earlier i had my system connected to a similar conditioner/surge protect unit from Monster and i tell once i switched to the PS Audio Detect it felt as if my system has opened and as if a filter or a curtain has lifted. amazing how simple tweaks can improve a lot!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Correct, I find the PS Audio P3 does very well on the Devialet and I even power my music server and subwoofer with it as well. I used the PS Dectet before (and still have it but it's used for my non-stereo 'surround' equipment now) and although it did well the P3 betters it in all ways. And I don't even get very 'polluted' power, the P3 generally shows a 1.5-1.7% THD for incoming power which is considered to be not bad at all.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(24-Nov-2014, 15:43)Antoine Wrote: Correct, I find the PS Audio P3 does very well on the Devialet and I even power my music server and subwoofer with it as well. I used the PS Dectet before (and still have it but it's used for my non-stereo 'surround' equipment now) and although it did well the P3 betters it in all ways. And I don't even get very 'polluted' power, the P3 generally shows a 1.5-1.7% THD for incoming power which is considered to be not bad at all.
I believe the P3 makes a logical next step upgrade
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
*** Update ***

Today received my new loudspeakers cable as part of the upgrade process

Vertere Pulse X replacing the Vertere Pulse C

[Image: 6f53d75ae8e1c1844de44d0a26b35f50.jpg]

Dubai, UAE
The companion is in

Say hello to my D400 Smile

[Image: cd7d83a90e38aa27ba6ed8aa0215070c.jpg]

Now the system is balanced tonally and aesthetically (before, with D200 the Aurender was placed on the right and skewing the looks of the system but now with the D400 it is wrapped nicely in the center!

------------------------------------------------
amabrok's System update (D200 to D400):
------------------------------------------------

Power Cable: Audioquest NRG-X3 >> Power Conditioner: PS Audio Detect Power Center (to all components) >> Main Source*: Aurender X100L 8 TB (tracks stored on eternal HDD or streamed from NAS [WD MyCloud 3TB]) >> Interconnect: USB Audioquest Cinnamon USB A/B cable >> DAC/Pre/Amp/Streamer: Devialet D400 >> Loudspeakers Cables: Vertere Pulse X >> Loudspeakers**: Martin Logan Electromotion ESL

* Secondary Source 1: Denon DCD 1520AE SACD/CD Player >> Interconnect: QED Signature coaxial digital cable
* Secondary Source 2: Macbook Pro (Qobuz or Tidal) >> Devialet Air Wifi >> Wifi Router: Linksys 1900AC
** Loudspeakers: Upgrade in process, either ML Montis, WA Sophia 3 or B&W 802D

Dubai, UAE
Well, this looks nice and tidy! And very balanced, as you do mention. And it's still very sunny in your 'boiling' country. Aren't you afraid that your precious jewels might catch to much sunshine?

Please tell us what effect the upgrade D-200 -> D-400 has on the sound in your present system.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(01-Dec-2014, 12:37)Charlemagne Wrote: Well, this looks nice and tidy! And very balanced, as you do mention. And it's still very sunny in your 'boiling' country. Aren't you afraid that your precious jewels might catch to much sunshine?

Please tell us what effect the upgrade D-200 -> D-400 has on the sound in your present system.

Thanks Charlemagne!

initial impression is simply mind blowing !!! I was worried that the slave unit will sound odd/off compared to my well run-in master. but glad to hear that this slave unit sound smoother out of the box compared to the original D200.

Sound stage is bigger and the D400 has a much better control over my speakers and bass is deep and powerful to the extent that i even like the sound more with SAM off!

of course more to come on sound later.

but now i have the Dual Mono configuration pains!!!! my iOS/Android apps see the D400 but does not control it any more! i was mindful of the Dual Mono configuration issues so i decided to run the D400 on the factory configuration with only 2 changes (added SAM profile for my ML ESL and added my wifi network SSID and Password) and that't it.

but here we go, though i was trying to make my life simple, i lost the app control !!! Devialet should really get their act together and address all the glitches in the their dual mono configuration

I will post about this glitch in the Devialet 400 & 800 section

Dubai, UAE
Really great looking system !!! Like it so much ! ;-)
Devialet 250 ■ Wilson Audio Duette ■ Apple Mac Mini & PiTouch
Audiophonics ethernet cable ■ Audioquest Diamond USB cable ■ LessLoss Anchorwave speaker cables ■ LessLoss Signature power cords

France
Very cool, congratulations on the second 200! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(01-Dec-2014, 14:44)darthsteph Wrote: Really great looking system !!! Like it so much ! ;-)
Thanks a lot darthsteph!

And it sounds awesome too! I'm really impressed with the sound improvement brought about by stepping up from D200 to D400. And it is not just about power it is actually much more than that. A quitter system, a profound presence and a fine ability to radiate the tiniest of the details all with absolute control over my speakers

(01-Dec-2014, 15:37)Antoine Wrote: Very cool, congratulations on the second 200! Smile
Thanks Antoine Smile

Only few hours and I'm enjoying it a lot already

Dubai, UAE