Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amabrok's System
(01-Dec-2014, 13:54)amabrok Wrote: but here we go, though i was trying to make my life simple, i lost the app control !!! Devialet should really get their act together and address all the glitches in the their dual mono configuration

I will post about this glitch in the Devialet 400 & 800 section

My advice would be to also address Devialet in an email about this glitches. Make them sweat overthere in France!

Your description of the effects on sound reproduction is giving me an upgrade itch. In my case a very expensive one. (D250 -> D800).

Do you still have the wish to upgrade to other speakers, now you do expirience all these improvings?
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(01-Dec-2014, 19:36)Charlemagne Wrote: My advice would be to also address Devialet in an email about this glitches. Make them sweat overthere in France!

Your description of the effects on sound reproduction is giving me an upgrade itch. In my case a very expensive one. (D250 -> D800).

Do you still have the wish to upgrade to other speakers, now you do expirience all these improvings?

Hi Charlemagne

i will surely bring my case to the attention of Devialet. and let us see how they react and how fast!

well...for the upgrade, you can say i got the ball rolling and there is no stopping to it now Smile

the Montis will arrive on Wednesday and oh boy i am so looking forward to breaking them in with the mighty D400.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I have a query with Devialet regarding very similar Configurator issues, this has been open for over two months now......
(01-Dec-2014, 22:35)Confused Wrote: I have a query with Devialet regarding very similar Configurator issues, this has been open for over two months now......

I contacted them today and judging by your case I am not at all optimistic about the turn around time.

let us see!

have you came accross this case that the slave's display is one screen ahead of the master's display when within the information menu?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(01-Dec-2014, 22:53)amabrok Wrote: have you came accross this case that the slave's display is one screen ahead of the master's display when within the information menu?

Yes, I have, but only during failed attempts to get slave inputs working as they should. Although now I have simply given up trying to use any of the slave inputs, and all of the display screens are in sync, exactly as they should be.
(01-Dec-2014, 23:13)Confused Wrote:
(01-Dec-2014, 22:53)amabrok Wrote: have you came accross this case that the slave's display is one screen ahead of the master's display when within the information menu?

Yes, I have, but only during failed attempts to get slave inputs working as they should. Although now I have simply given up trying to use any of the slave inputs, and all of the display screens are in sync, exactly as they should be.

Strange!!! I have disabled all input on the slave and still i get both displays out of phase . Actually i notice as well that when i press the mute button (now programmed to turn SAM on/off) the display of the master shows SAM on or off while the slave unit display always shows "Bass on" irrespective of whether the master display is show on or off!

Dubai, UAE

Hello - a recent 400 convert myself, good to hear about your experience - the information display seems to be working fine (in sync between master and slave) for me.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(01-Dec-2014, 23:21)amabrok Wrote:

Strange!!! I have disabled all input on the slave and still i get both displays out of phase . Actually i notice as well that when i press the mute button (now programmed to turn SAM on/off) the display of the master shows SAM on or off while the slave unit display always shows "Bass on" irrespective of whether the master display is show on or off!

I had the bass on message once, this was with a demo slave, in this case I had slave inputs selected, but did not have the 3.5mm jack to jack trigger cable.
(02-Dec-2014, 01:49)Confused Wrote:
(01-Dec-2014, 23:21)amabrok Wrote:

I had the bass on message once, this was with a demo slave, in this case I had slave inputs selected, but did not have the 3.5mm jack to jack trigger cable.

Speaking of which, should I connect the 3.5mm jack trigger cable? And what does it actually do?

Dubai, UAE
When you use the slave inputs, the slave effectively becomes the master, so the signal in the link cable runs in the other direction, from slave to master. The 3.5mm trigger cable has the job of telling the slave / master which way the signal is running between the two amps.