Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which player with 400 and Mac Mini?
Hello all Dev owners out there!
I bought Dev 400 and a Mac Mini four Weeks ago. They Are connected to Audiovector SR 6 AA speakers with Transparant cables. I have tested out all alternatives playing music; Air, Ethernet, USB etc. Using ITunes or JRiver. Unfortunately JRiver is not available using Air on Mac. At least I haven' t been able to do it.
However, in my setup, the combination JRiver with USB cable maks the best sound.
What is your excperience out there?
Bump.

Hopefully I will be able to test this out in a couple of weeks. Thanks for your experience.

Joe
Sonus Faber Stradivari, Harbeth 40.1
(22-Nov-2014, 10:04)Bernts Wrote: Hello all Dev owners out there!
I bought Dev 400 and a Mac Mini four Weeks ago.  They Are connected to Audiovector SR 6 AA speakers with Transparant cables. I have tested out all alternatives playing music; Air, Ethernet, USB etc. Using ITunes or JRiver. Unfortunately JRiver is not available using Air on Mac. At least I haven' t been able to do it.
However, in my setup, the combination JRiver with USB cable maks the best sound.
What is your excperience out there?

When I was auditioning speakers a couple of years ago I borrowed a pair of Audiovector SR6 AA speakers and was very impressed by their sound. In the end I went for Wilson Sophia 3s but it was a close call. At the time I had Linn Klimax electronics so I never tried them with the Devialet. I bet they sound amazing! 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK