Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
400 v 250
What speakers did Devialet use for the 250 vs 800 demo?
(29-Jun-2014, 13:20)Confused Wrote: What speakers did Devialet use for the 250 vs 800 demo?

Hello "Confused",

We did the listening through the Magico Q3. A speaker I know well and especially asked for for this comparison.

Best regards
BjornWiman
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
Has anyone tried bi-amping, rather than dual mono? Interesting to note that with the 250 / 800, this "looses" you 600w total, but with the 200 / 400, no watts are lost!

I remember a PMC guy at a show once advising against bi-amping, "just go for quality and power" was the gist of his advice. Probably very speaker dependent dependant this one, and you need two "master" amps, a slave won't work for bi-amping. So unlikely I know, but has anyone given it a try?
(15-Jul-2014, 21:17)Confused Wrote: Has anyone tried bi-amping, rather than dual mono? Interesting to note that with the 250 / 800, this "looses" you 600w total, but with the 200 / 400, no watts are lost!

I remember a PMC guy at a show once advising against bi-amping, "just go for quality and power" was the gist of his advice. Probably very speaker dependent dependant this one, and you need two "master" amps, a slave won't work for bi-amping. So unlikely I know, but has anyone given it a try?

I think bi-amping with Devialets would only be worthwhile if you bypassed the passive crossovers in the speakers. So you would use the high/low-pass filters in the Devialets as active crossovers. This might be very interesting.

Otherwise I see no advantage in bi-amping.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Hi,

Bi amping would for sure be less as the amp in stereo mode will loose the advantage of the lowered jitter and background noise that the mono config gives. Not to forget that the mono versions also should have better power delivery response etc etc.
For me the added power didn't yield that much as the 200 could play very loud and with low distortion however the added clarity, blacker background and dynamic response were the things that made the 400 feel like a no brainer choice.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Are Devialet's getting shinier? My new 250 slave is so shiny that in some lights / angles I can't actually see it, it goes into invisibility cloak stealth mode and just reflects the stand, cables and amp above it. I'm looking forward to it getting dusty so I can actually see where the thing is. (In case you haven't spotted it, there are actually two Devialet's in the picture, a kind of where's Wally's D800)
I (can't) see what you mean Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.