Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminology
I just wonder if some enlightened user could be good enough to start a resource here so that all these different computer terms are defined and so that everybody seeks to use them(!)

There are all sorts of terms used already on here and I bet half the readers do not have much idea what they mean. After all, there can only be a Source (where your music is), a Transmitter (to move your music from one place to another), a Modifier (to change the format), a DAC, a Pre-amp, a Power amp and a Controller (of different sorts). Oh, and a Modem and a Router and a Network and ...

Anyone think this is a good idea so we can at least get away from a lot of mystery and inconsistency?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(23-Nov-2014, 15:52)IanG-UK Wrote: I just wonder if some enlightened user could be good enough to start a resource here so that all these different computer terms are defined and so that everybody seeks to use them(!)

There are all sorts of terms used already on here and I bet half the readers do not have much idea what they mean. After all, there can only be a Source (where your music is), a Transmitter (to move your music from one place to another), a Modifier (to change the format), a DAC, a Pre-amp, a Power amp and a Controller (of different sorts). Oh, and a Modem and a Router and a Network and ...

Anyone think this is a good idea so we can at least get away from a lot of mystery and inconsistency?

Here we go...

Glossary of Networking Terms

http://www.wildpackets.com/resources/com...king_terms

and here is a very interesting article on head-fi.org

Describing Sound A Glossary

http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE