Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet v Benchmark/Parasound/Pass Labs
As mentioned above there is another forum for DSP and room correction related discussions, but since DSP and speaker correction has become an integrated part of the Devialet ecosystem is seems OK to discuss it a bit here. I just want to say as a final remark that I think all this will follow an exponential curve from now on. There are many firms that are doing a lot of advanced research right now. Just to mention a few, another French firm, Trinnov Audio, is apparently doing great things with respect to DSP, room correction and amplification. The Avantgarde Acoustic Zero 1 Pro Loudspeaker is also something I really would like to hear. It is an active (class A amps + class D on the bass) DSP controlled horn speaker that uses a digital cross-over to optimize the amplitude and phase response of the speakers and from what I have heard from others it sounds really great. Apparently Avantgarde Acoustic has succeeded (by the use of DSP) getting all the advantage of a horn speakers, but none of the drawbacks. It is also really plug and play: just send a digital (up to 24/192) signal to the speakers and you are set.

Kari