Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
250 vs 800 vs The Best
(11-Jun-2015, 12:54)kw1373 Wrote: Thanks guys for the feedback.

Looks like you are mostly saying Devialet brightness and glare come from the source.  

My source is a Naim Unitiserve, connected via digital coaxial.

I am getting a new speaker cable (Acoustic Revive Triple C) which should complement (warmish and full bodied).  

What intrigued me is the Wyred 4 Source device.  How does that work?  Who else has tried it?

The device uses an 81 femto second clock and connects between your digital source and the digital input on the Dev to reduce the incoming jitter up to an order of magnitude.  You also need a second digital cable.

The dealer who I bought it from also sells (lots of) Devialet. He was quite adament that the dsp in the Devialets was too sophisticated for the Remedy and the Remedy would have absolutely no effect.  He was dead wrong, and two was even better.

They are made in California.

Here is a link to a separate thread:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...ght=remedy
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Hi Kerry

Thanks for that.

On us amazon its selling for $200. Yes much cheaper than even the digital cable. Might give it a try if i could order it.

It amazes me your esoteric transport benefits from the device. Must b a top transport already. I wonder if it would help my server/hard drive? A hard drive should already b jitter free?

What about power cables. I have a naim hiline on each of my 250.

Cheers