Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HD tracks
Hi,

Anyone here using HD tracks? I tried to but I am not allowed to download most due to 'regional restrictions'. What crap imho!
I even registered on my sister in laws US address but still I am prohibited from downloading.
Any outside US people here that managed to fly under the radar and downloaded?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I'm not sure on this and I haven't bought anything from them for a while but successful purchase can depend on the payment method you're using. I seem to recall they're pretty easy with Paypal but perhaps not other methods. That said there's probably geographical copyright restrictions on certain recordings too?
I've never had any problems buying from HDTracks from the UK but others seem to not be able to buy anything!
(30-Nov-2014, 10:44)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm not sure on this and I haven't bought anything from them for a while but successful purchase can depend on the payment method you're using. I seem to recall they're pretty easy with Paypal but perhaps not other methods. That said there's probably geographical copyright restrictions on certain recordings too?
I've never had any problems buying from HDTracks from the UK but others seem to not be able to buy anything!

Thanks Rufus!

Some albums I can but most not due to the restrictions mentioned. My dealer recommended to register on an US address which I did and had several things sent to in the past but still it does not seem to work.
Paypal you say, let me try.

Cheers/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(30-Nov-2014, 11:27)Mikeeo Wrote:
(30-Nov-2014, 10:44)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm not sure on this and I haven't bought anything from them for a while but successful purchase can depend on the payment method you're using. I seem to recall they're pretty easy with Paypal but perhaps not other methods. That said there's probably geographical copyright restrictions on certain recordings too?

Thanks Rufus!

Some albums I can but most not due to the restrictions mentioned. My dealer recommended to register on an US address which I did and had several things sent to in the past but still it does not seem to work.

Cheers/Mike

I thought that HDtracks were now operating in the UK!

http://www.hdtracks.co.uk

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(30-Nov-2014, 11:45)brit Wrote:
(30-Nov-2014, 11:27)Mikeeo Wrote:

Thanks Rufus!

Cheers/Mike

I thought that HDtracks were now operating in the UK!

http://www.hdtracks.co.uk

David
David,

Great, its in the EU so hopefully this work better.

/Mike

Just tried!

Same restrictions Sad

/Mike
Mikeo, I'm neither in the US nor in the UK, but (strangely) except for a Phil Collins record, I have been perfectly able to buy at HDTracks. I registered at the site before even trying to download anything. The trick seemed to be that I use a credit card issued in the US. As billing address I used an American one where the card bills are sent, and that was it. I understand this isn't very common nor should be necessary, but has worked for me.

Hope this helps, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > Q Acoustic Concept 20 (soon to be KEF LS50). Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(30-Nov-2014, 10:19)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

Anyone here using HD tracks? I tried to but I am not allowed to download most due to 'regional restrictions'. What crap imho!
I even registered on my sister in laws US address but still I am prohibited from downloading.

/Mike

I use HD tracks and it is no problem passing throught the "regional restricons". You just register an adress somewhere in USA. I just used a hotel in New York.
They have a lot of music and easy to download.
Bernts
(30-Nov-2014, 15:39)Bernts Wrote:

/Mike

I use HD tracks and it is no problem passing throught the "regional restricons". You just register an adress somewhere in USA. I just used a hotel in New York.
Bernts
Hi,

I have a registered address in the US but still no show on some of the downloads.

As someone mentioned perhaps the credit card should be reg in the US, or did someone still be able to download whatever title?

/Mike
(30-Nov-2014, 16:55)Mikeeo Wrote:

/Mike

Bernts
Hi,

I have a registered address in the US but still no show on some of the downloads.

As someone mentioned perhaps the credit card should be reg in the US, or did someone still be able to download whatever title?

/Mike

i faced the same restriction on some titles as well

if you really need it and u r sure that having a US credit card will solve the issue then you can check USUnlcoked, they offer US registered virtual credit cards
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(30-Nov-2014, 18:43)amabrok Wrote:
(30-Nov-2014, 16:55)Mikeeo Wrote:

/Mike

Bernts
Hi,

/Mike

i faced the same restriction on some titles as well

if you really need it and u r sure that having a US credit card will solve the issue then you can check USUnlcoked, they offer US registered virtual credit cards

Hi,

Thanks for the info! I will def try.

/Mike