Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM
Hi,

Just wonder if anyone tried SAM profiles on your speaker that is not yet certified?

I have today the Focal Scala V2, no profile yet! Undecided
I tried the Wilson Sasha V1 SAM profile (had this speaker before)
More Bass, clearer middle and vocals, works almost perfect!

Now i'm going to test the new Entreq Earting boxes, he just released the new Silver Tellus with extra Power! (Atlantis builtin)
He have not give it a new name yet.
Will come back with a verdict! Smile
I'd -never- use a profile of any other loudspeaker, especially not if it's a completely different brand, type and model. Devialet measures loudspeakers and tailors a SAM profile for each specific model. It's not merely a certification!

If I were you I'd look up what SAM does in detail to recognize this isn't wise or even safe to do.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I have used the Giya G3 profile for my G2. With SAM set to 10% it also gave an improvement, but no comparison with the correct profile now. If you think a speaker with nearly the same chassis and the same crossover frequencies would nearly have the same correction parameters you are wrong. Nearly all of the 64 values in the configuration file are completely different. And a wrong profile does not give you the built in speaker protection. It can even led to extreme excursions of the chassis...so better wait for the correct profile or set SAM to very low levels.