Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
Hi All,

Finally I am a happy/not-so-happy owner of D400!!!

please click on my system to check the latest update

Happy because my initial impression is simply mind blowing !!! I was worried that the slave unit will sound odd/off compared to my well run-in master. but glad to hear that this slave unit sound smoother out of the box compared to the original D200.

Sound stage is bigger and the D400 has a much better control over my speakers and bass is deep and powerful to the extent that i even like the sound more with SAM off!

however, not-so-happy because now i have the Dual Mono configuration pains!!!! my iOS/Android apps see the D400 but does not control it any more! i was mindful of the Dual Mono configuration issues so i decided to play it safe and ran the D400 on the factory configuration with only 2 changes (added SAM profile for my ML ESL and added my wifi network SSID and Password) and that't it.

but here we go, though i was trying to make my life simple, i lost the app control !!!

Also another observation, when i access the information menu on the Devialet (by press and hold for 2 sec on the Tone button) i noticed that the slave unit skips screen 1 and goes directly to screen 2! and when i press the tone button to display the next screen, the master will be on screen 2 and the slave will be on screen 3 and so on till the end. while this is minor but still it is a glitch and because of that for example i am unable to access the S/N of the slave unit from the display of the information menu!!!

any of you encountered that? and any idea why the Devialet app lost control on the D400?

Devialet should really get their act together and address all the glitches in the their dual mono configuration
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
If I were you I would call the dealer you bought it from and get them to come around to fix the problem. Then if they can't get it to work they should sort it out with the distributor/Devialet for you.

By the way - great looking system!
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Whenever I make a config change on my D800, I always power off both units, then replace the cards, and then power on so that both boxes come up together on the new config. Not sure if you already did this, might be worth a try if not.
(01-Dec-2014, 15:44)PhilP Wrote: If I were you I would call the dealer you bought it from and get them to come around to fix the problem. Then if they can't get it to work they should sort it out with the distributor/Devialet for you.

Thanks PhilP

I like how it is balanced now Smile

Now back to the glitch, after several attempts with the online configurator I disabled sharing input on the slave and voila the remote app is back to life!!!

Lucky me I don't need the extra input on the slave but this is unacceptable to have to disable them to get the duo functioning properly!

One accepts flawless operations at this price level
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Ok, I'm glad its working now. I may go for a 400 next year so I'm watching the issues that people are having with some concern. My local dealer also stocks Martin Logan so I will probably try them at some stage.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(01-Dec-2014, 16:03)PhilP Wrote: Ok, I'm glad its working now. I may go for a 400 next year so I'm watching the issues that people are having with some concern. My local dealer also stocks Martin Logan so I will probably try them at some stage.
PhilP, the Devialet/Martin Logan seems to be a very well balanced and a neutral/transparent combo at least for me

I have made up my mind on the Martin Logan Montis as my upgrade from the ESL and the great thing is that my local dealer has one pair for me and can arrange delivery this Wednesday Smile

Dubai, UAE
(01-Dec-2014, 15:51)amabrok Wrote:
(01-Dec-2014, 15:44)PhilP Wrote: If I were you I would call the dealer you bought it from and get them to come around to fix the problem. Then if they can't get it to work they should sort it out with the distributor/Devialet for you.

Thanks PhilP

I like how it is balanced now Smile

Now back to the glitch, after several attempts with the online configurator I disabled sharing input on the slave and voila the remote app is back to life!!!

Lucky me I don't need the extra input on the slave but this is unacceptable to have to disable them to get the duo functioning properly!

One accepts flawless operations at this price level

Hi,

Well I never had one single glitch until I decided I wanted to hook up my D400 system to my router through the ethernet connection. Suddenly I lost my companion inputs in terms that the system shut down if chosen.
Now since changed to the AES/EBU input for my streamer and also master link to companion to AES/EBU I have freed connections on my master, so problem is gone, but of course still there if hooking up with the companion again.

By the way, using the AES/EBU had been a real treat and I consider this a must connect as it really brought a considerable benefit to the system. Will report back soon when it has been cooking for a while.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(02-Dec-2014, 10:31)Mikeeo Wrote: By the way, using the AES/EBU had been a real treat and I consider this a must connect as it really brought a considerable benefit to the system. Will report back soon when it has been cooking for a while.

/Mike

Hi Mike, so finally what RCA to AES/EBU cable did you choose?

Dubai, UAE
(02-Dec-2014, 11:35)amabrok Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 10:31)Mikeeo Wrote: By the way, using the AES/EBU had been a real treat and I consider this a must connect as it really brought a considerable benefit to the system. Will report back soon when it has been cooking for a while.

/Mike

Hi,

I did my own! RCA or BNC in one end and then my 75 ohm VHaudio silver coax connected to the XLR (Neutrik silver). Inside the case of the XLR I install a Lundahl 1574 ie 75 to 110 ohm transformer to which i hook all the wires in the right fashion. So conversion is right at the 110 ohm side.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(04-Dec-2014, 02:10)Mikeeo Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 11:35)amabrok Wrote:

/Mike

Hi,

I did my own! RCA or BNC in one end and then my 75 ohm VHaudio silver coax connected to the XLR (Neutrik silver). Inside the case of the XLR I install a Lundahl 1574 ie 75 to 110 ohm transformer to which i hook all the wires in the right fashion. So conversion is right at the 110 ohm side.

/Mike
And do you really hear a significant improvement?

Dubai, UAE