Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of quick questions about the 800
- what's the length of the digital cable that comes with the companion 250?
- are there multiple color choices for the companion 250? It's says so on the website, but I've only ever seen black chrome (think that's what I have)

Going up to Delaware on Saturday to listen to the 800, but if someone can give me the answers before then, that would be great.

Chris H
(01-Dec-2014, 15:45)chrish Wrote: - what's the length of the digital cable that comes with the companion 250?
- are there multiple color choices for the companion 250? It's says so on the website, but I've only ever seen black chrome (think that's what I have)

Going up to Delaware on Saturday to listen to the 800, but if someone can give me the answers before then, that would be great.

Chris H
Hi Chris

If it is exactly like the one that ships with D400 then it is about 0.7m in length

For colors i'm not sure but I recall seeing what looks like a black color in addition to what I consider as the standard chrome color/finish
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(01-Dec-2014, 16:50)amabrok Wrote:
(01-Dec-2014, 15:45)chrish Wrote: - what's the length of the digital cable that comes with the companion 250?

Chris H
Hi Chris

If it is exactly like the one that ships with D400 then it is about 0.7m in length

For colors i'm not sure but I recall seeing what looks like a black color in addition to what I consider as the standard chrome color/finish

Thanks Smile Sounds like I may need a longer cable. Don't fancy stacking the units on top of each other (if I do indeed buy another 250).
(01-Dec-2014, 21:57)chrish Wrote: Thanks Smile Sounds like I may need a longer cable. Don't fancy stacking the units on top of each other (if I do indeed buy another 250).

While Devialet almost always showcases the dual mono systems (D400 or D800) with master and slave stacked on top of each other, it doesn't seem to be a good idea as overheating may affect sound quality

I use a longer QED Signature coaxial digital cable to allow having the two units side by side.

Also I suggest having a look on this thread where you will find interesting discussion on how to link master and slave

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=151
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(01-Dec-2014, 22:09)amabrok Wrote:
(01-Dec-2014, 21:57)chrish Wrote: Thanks Smile Sounds like I may need a longer cable. Don't fancy stacking the units on top of each other (if I do indeed buy another 250).

While Devialet almost always showcases the dual mono systems (D400 or D800) with master and slave stacked on top of each other, it doesn't seem to be a good idea as overheating may affect sound quality

I use a longer QED Signature coaxial digital cable to allow having the two units side by side.

Also I suggest having a look on this thread where you will find interesting discussion on how to link master and slave

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=151

I have tried my units separate and stacked and with normal use the difference in temperature of the units was the same whether stacked or not.
This -could- be because the firmware has thermal management or that for normal use the heat sinking is completely adequate, stacked or not.
Mind you this is for the more elaborate case of the D-Premier/800, the lighter case of the 400 may benefit from mounting them separately.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

i'm possibly interested in moving to an 800 setup but have an original D-Premier upgraded to a 250. Would I still be able to do this with a new and old chassis 250?

I'm trying to buy a used D-Premier to make this happen before it's too late (for upgrading) but I'm not very confident this will happen and the upgrade availability program life is still murky...I say this because AudioPlus (NA distributor) just told me my upgrade will probably be the last one even though Devialet folks on the facebook page comment differently.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
The upgrade of a D-Premier swaps out all parts (except a few like the D-amp board and WiFi card which haven't changed) so it really becomes a 250. I'm not sure if a 250 and a D-Premier could team up but am afraid they can't so you'd need either a new 250 or an upgraded D-Premier.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Dec-2014, 17:14)Antoine Wrote: The upgrade of a D-Premier swaps out all parts (except a few like the D-amp board and WiFi card which haven't changed) so it really becomes a 250. I'm not sure if a 250 and a D-Premier could team up but am afraid they can't so you'd need either a new 250 or an upgraded D-Premier.

Ok so either an upgraded D-Premier or new 250 should technically be able to bridge into a D800 when combined with my upgraded D-Premier.

I suppose the main consideration then is how ideal it would be to have equivalent units with different chassis.

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(03-Dec-2014, 17:14)Antoine Wrote: The upgrade of a D-Premier swaps out all parts (except a few like the D-amp board and WiFi card which haven't changed) so it really becomes a 250. I'm not sure if a 250 and a D-Premier could team up but am afraid they can't so you'd need either a new 250 or an upgraded D-Premier.

The 250 and D-Premier could be used as dual mono with the last configurator but the new one does not give the option any longer.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire