Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D400 >> Montis
I don't think 4.5x3.5 is really too small. You can tailor the bass to suit the room. The problem you're more likely to have is HF reflections off the wall behind the listening position. You'd probably need some acoustic treatment on the wall to tame the reflections.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(04-Dec-2014, 16:28)Tony Wrote: amabrok... congrats on the Montis.

Both... try the track Closing Scene from Pendulum by Eberhard Weber for some great bass!

Tony

Thanks Tony!

also i will try the reco track and report back how it shakes the whole house Smile

thanks for sharing
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(03-Dec-2014, 13:36)amabrok Wrote: The latest upgrade to my system (and i believe the last one for a long while to come) was concluded today.

Martin Logan Electromotion ESL upgraded to Montis

You can check the latest update for my system here.

Initial impression ... house rumbling Smile

This is a bass beast, and actually there was no doubt on this front. The concern, however, was weather the D400 will be able to drive the Montis at high frequencies when the impedance drops to as low as 0.56 ohms? And I have to say now that any shred of doubt I may have had has just evaporated!

The D400 just drives the Montis with ease and i played the most familiar tracks to my ears and boy i do hear things for the very first time especially on the high notes! of course on the low frequencies everything moves and rumbles to the extent that i had to dial down the bass control to -3db.

The output impedance of the D400 (0.001 ohm) is very low to give a damping factor of 560% when driving the Montis at its lowest load impedance of 0.56 ohm.

Mind you this is a brand new pair not even broken in, so i would expect things to get only better from here.

The D400 power, grip, abyssal low noise paired with the ML Montis transparency, atmosphere and seamless transition form low frequencies to the mids and highs makes this a perfect match (at least to me Wink)

Nice. I'm looking to upgrade to Montis sometime next year if funds allow. Very reassuring to hear that you are happy with yours!

For the sort of music I like (generally acoustic, folky stuff) MLs just can't be bettered.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(05-Dec-2014, 08:23)ozthepoz Wrote: For the sort of music I like (generally acoustic, folky stuff) MLs just can't be bettered.

+1

(04-Dec-2014, 16:28)Tony Wrote: Both... try the track Closing Scene from Pendulum by Eberhard Weber for some great bass!

Tony

Tony, What a brilliant album! Thanks for recommending it

I love it all and the closing scene is absolutely beautiful

I love new discoveries Smile
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE