Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredrik's system.
You are in for a treat, buddy! Hope you enjoy it and post your findings when they've been run in for a couple of hundred hours.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Perhaps only run a couple of hours but my first impressions is that they sound better at low volume and the soundstage is wider and deeper. Dont want to go any deeper in my finding yet as I want to run them in properly, but I like what they are doing to my Sopras..... Smile and with Roon via AIR 3.0.1 they sound f...ing amazing.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Hi octaviars,

You never made any follow up comments on the sound quality of the cabledyne cables.

I am thinking about buying a whole loom so would be really interested to know what you think.

Thanks... just in case you see this post and reply..
(06-Feb-2017, 13:40)Saunter Wrote: Hi octaviars,

You never made any follow up comments on the sound quality of the cabledyne cables.

I am thinking about buying a whole loom so would be really interested to know what you think.

Thanks... just in case you see this post and reply..

So much else going on and I have just forgot that I changed to Cabledyne speakercables Big Grin

I have only compared them to my old Chord and I feel that they are very transparent and dont ad or substract anything from the sound, for the price they are really good and well made.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

For the last 30 days I have been testing Roon feeding HQ Player to do the up-sampling and send it to my 440 over AIR. Works really well and to me the sound is better with HQ Player doing this than Roon or Devialet internally.

My dealer wants me to try Gryphon Diablo 300 and Aavik U-300 so that I am going to do this spring.

More plans is to get some sort of decent computer solution with Roon and HQ Player that either runs AIR if keep my Devialets or otherwise run a SMS-200 as NAA. Depending on what solution perhaps a ISOregen will also be apart of it if the DAC dont have galvanicisolation

Then there is the PSU thing that I am waiting to decide on what to use. Right now it looks as Paul Hynes SR7 and up-tone LPS-1 is going to be my choice.

Lots of plans time will tell how it goes Smile

Second system

Good plans to have.

What would be nice would be a Mutec with RoonBridge/HQP NAA built-in (and maybe a less pro box and setup for external PSU). I'd be really interested in that.

I keep thinking it would be nice to move away from USB and boxes of gizmos, and have a nice clean solution. Like a streamerboard maybe Wink. It's just so far off it's hard to plan.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Fredrik, what's your favourite HQPlayer filter settings so far?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(17-Mar-2017, 16:02)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good plans to have.

What would be nice would be a Mutec with RoonBridge/HQP NAA built-in (and maybe a less pro box and setup for external PSU).  I'd be really interested in that.

I keep thinking it would be nice to move away from USB and boxes of gizmos, and have a nice clean solution. Like a streamerboard maybe Wink. It's just so far off it's hard to plan.

Exactly, a box with it all in one and perhaps a good PSU or at least the possibility to run a seperate PSU.

I would also like to just have one box, now it is lots of boxes, lots of PSUConfused to get it togheter but it is hard to find something that can do it all and do it right.

A streamerboard with NAA and be able to run HQ Player at 384kHz that would be nice but will never happen and I will perhaps ditch Devialet before the streamerboard comes out so no need to think about that.

Second system

(17-Mar-2017, 16:07)Dr Tone Wrote: Fredrik, what's your favourite HQPlayer filter settings so far?

I tried a lot of different settings and compared it to Roon but I tend to in the end of the trial period use the same setings as you wrote in your thread.

poly-sinc-ext
NS9
-3db max & min volume
50msec buffer

As I dont run my Roon/HQ Player on the solution that I am planing right now so I decided to wait with HQ Player and just run Roon for now. I think there are so many things going on right now that I want to stay cool and see what path to choose and dont do any stupid choices.

Second system

Moved this section from tweakerscorner to my system page as I thought it will be better to have it here.

Got a little project going on instaling a new powersupply to my hifi. This is made after Swedish regulations so it may differ from other countries what is ok to do.
Today I have a screneed 3G4 from my fusepanel with a Klangmodul but decided to change that to a N1XV 3G10 that goes directly from the panel where the electicalmeter is. 
I also will build a filter that takes care of any nasty spikes and that sort of things that may come down the powerline. The filter is with condensators and varistors. 
The cable will go directly in to my Ansuz powerstrip. 

[Image: _20160517_093522_zpsuwifjelx.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1136_zpspzhwnwo0.jpg]

[Image: DSC_1137_zpstzyw9gbp.jpg]

Second system