Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Configurator bug?
I use headphones sometimes, and have two inputs set as stereo preamp outputs. There is a box marked "mute applies to this output" which by default is ticked and which I untick, so that I can mute the speakers and still have the output "live". If I load my configuration to make changes, when I look in the output section, the box is
ticked again, so I have to remember to make sure that I untick it, every time! It caught me out when it first happened: I pressed mute and got no sound through my cans. It's not much of a problem really, but I think it's something that needs rectifying.

May I take this opportunity to wish everybody that celebrates it, a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Edit. Ooh sorry, I clicked on five stars in the thread rating and couldn't change it! Confused
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(13-Dec-2014, 03:21)Axel Wrote: I use headphones sometimes, and have two inputs set as stereo preamp outputs. There is a box marked "mute applies to this output" which by default is ticked and which I untick, so that I can mute the speakers and still have the output "live". If I load my configuration to make changes, when I look in the output section, the box is
ticked again, so I have to remember to make sure that I untick it, every time! It caught me out when it first happened: I pressed mute and got no sound through my cans. It's not much of a problem really, but I think it's something that needs rectifying.

May I take this opportunity to wish everybody that celebrates it, a very merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Edit. Ooh sorry, I clicked on five stars in the thread rating and couldn't change it! Confused

hi Axel, considering how the online configurator bugs are becoming very popular, i believe many members here would agree with the 5 stars rating Big Grin

well it simply keeps adding up!

maybe i missed it, but just curious, what Devialet you have?

***edit***

I see now in your signature that you have D200. configurator bugs are more common with dual mono than with stereo models. but hey as i said, it just keep adding up to the long list!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(13-Dec-2014, 07:05)amabrok Wrote:
(13-Dec-2014, 03:21)Axel Wrote: I use headphones sometimes, and have two inputs set as stereo preamp outputs. There is a box marked "mute applies to this output" which by default is ticked and which I untick, so that I can mute the speakers and still have the output "live". If I load my configuration to make changes, when I look in the output section, the box is

hi Axel, considering how the online configurator bugs are becoming very popular, i believe many members here would agree with the 5 stars rating Big Grin

***edit***

I see now in your signature that you have D200. configurator bugs are more common with dual mono than with stereo models. but hey as i said, it just keep adding up to the long list!

Hi,
Yes, it seems that Devialet have quite few faults to put right.

While we're on the subject, would it be possible to make the volume control on the remote a little less sensitive? I have difficulty accurately dialling in my preferred listening volume.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(13-Dec-2014, 14:00)Axel Wrote:

***edit***

Hi,

While we're on the subject, would it be possible to make the volume control on the remote a little less sensitive? I have difficulty accurately dialling in my preferred listening volume.
Unfortunately not

It is only a 0.5 dB step
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(13-Dec-2014, 14:11)amabrok Wrote:

***edit***

Hi,

Unfortunately not

It is only a 0.5 dB step

Yes, but each 0.5 dB step only takes a tiny amount of movement on the volume control.
South Coast England
(13-Dec-2014, 16:36)Axel Wrote:
(13-Dec-2014, 14:11)amabrok Wrote:

***edit***

Hi,

Unfortunately not

It is only a 0.5 dB step

Yes, but each 0.5 dB step only takes a tiny amount of movement on the volume control.
I'm afraid we have to live with it

Maybe it will take some time getting used to it

Dubai, UAE