Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A&K AK500N + Devialet
(22-Feb-2015, 17:50)Confused Wrote: One thing I forgot to mention - Qubuz integration is already in place.

Already !! I thought it will be only in 2 months when their iPad application will be done Huh Huh

You saw it working ? really ? From the 7" screen ? (or was it just the "knowledgeable" sales reps who told you this ? Rolleyes

and...did they gave you any release date as for this iPad application ? (that will mirror the 7" screen)
I didn't see Qobuz working no, no sign of iPad apps, no mention of iPad apps either. It looked like it was simply running music stored on its own drive. I just asked the guy about Qobuz, he said it has Qobuz.
(22-Feb-2015, 19:14)Confused Wrote: I didn't see Qobuz working no, no sign of iPad apps, no mention of iPad apps either.  It looked like it was simply running music stored on its own drive.  I just asked the guy about Qobuz, he said it has Qobuz.

AHHHH the famous sales guy ! Angel
(22-Feb-2015, 11:26)Confused Wrote: I think the best I listened to for the money was the Audeze EL-8, which was being demoed with the SK-240, a superb combination. 

Hi Confused,

The Audeze EL-8 you demoed was it the open or closed back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(25-Feb-2015, 13:59)amabrok Wrote:
(22-Feb-2015, 11:26)Confused Wrote: I think the best I listened to for the money was the Audeze EL-8, which was being demoed with the SK-240, a superb combination. 

Hi Confused,

The Audeze EL-8 you demoed was it the open or closed back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the open back.
An update, the following is a comment posted on the Bristol show website re the AK500:

"It was an early model - there are firmware updates and a dedicated app to come. Full review of the AK500N due in next issue of Hi-Fi News"
thanks for the info about HiFi News review