Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speakers suggestions for Devialet 200
I think it's time to explain a bit; I work on oil and gas land rigs in Australia. So yes there is traffic but only a delivery truck or two a day. I'm not interested in off shore. Too dangerous as Confused mentions. As for helicopters; I have done some jobs that you fly in and out by helicopter. It's fun the first time but as with everything, once you've seen the views a few times you loose interest. And when you miss the helicopter and have to drive 2 hours to your bed the fun wears off really quick Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Currently listening to Sonas Faber Olympica 1 with my D400. Before this I was listening to ELAC BS314. The first thing that jumps out at you while listening to the Olympica is the warm sound. Instruments sound more natural with considerable presence, as if you would be able to reach out and touch them. These speakers are made for classical and jazz music which is perfect in my case as I hardly listen to electronic. My dealer did suggest that I should use them for 100hrs before making any definitive judgement. I wanted a more relaxing sound which I was not getting with the ELAC and so I am happy to have chosen the Olympica. They are a more forgiving speaker than the ELAC, hence you can enjoy the music instead of spotting every mistake the recording engineer made.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
I would certainly recommend the Daedalus speakers to any Devialet user. I have the Ulysses, which is, like all Daedalus speakers, very efficient. The Devialet certainly makes beautiful music through them.