Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speakers suggestions for Devialet 200
Thank you, very kind of you but I suppose I probably live quite far.
The Netherlands here. You?
Devialet 200 | Marten Django L | Modified Philips CD940 | Technics SL1210 Mk2
I live in Greece! Wish it were closer to Netherlands. In the city I live ( Thessaloniki), only Focal and Audio Physic are available for listening, the rest of the companies are in Athens, 500 km far
Sounds like you've got a road trip to plan ;-)

I only know Thessaloniki as the name of a restaurant...
Haha!!! Thessaloniki is a beautiful seaside city in northern Greece with long history...I 'm planning a trip to Athens in the next 20 days so that I listen to 3-4 different speakers and form an opinion, your suggestion will definitely be one of my options
I drove through Thessaloniki once. The traffic is MAD! Worse than Asia. Had a lot of fun though. If you're thinking about a trip; come and have a listen to my system in Australia Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Video 
(23-Dec-2014, 18:57)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I drove through Thessaloniki once. The traffic is MAD! Worse than Asia. Had a lot of fun though. If you're thinking about a trip; come and have a listen to my system in Australia Wink
You're probably right but lately, due to the financial crisis things are getting better -less cars = less traffic Wink!! I'd gladly come to Australia but it's "a bit" farSmile
thank you anyway, cheers!
(23-Dec-2014, 23:55)Dimi Pap Wrote:
(23-Dec-2014, 18:57)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I drove through Thessaloniki once. The traffic is MAD! Worse than Asia. Had a lot of fun though. If you're thinking about a trip; come and have a listen to my system in Australia Wink
You're probably right but lately, due to the financial crisis things are getting better -less cars = less traffic Wink!! I'd gladly come to Australia but it's "a bit" farSmile
thank you anyway, cheers!

Well, as to the subject of traffic: some people say that every disadvantage has its advantage...

By the way did Pim tell you he is usually staying on an oil rig? Wink Overthere there is no traffic at all...Big Grin
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I don't even own a car. Here in The Hague it's pointless.
Direction signs start somewhere and end all of a sudden, but you still have no clue where you are relative to where you were following the signs...
Plus I do everything by bicycle (just not right now due to a broken collarbone) or public transport.
When I need a car, I rent one.

No traffic on an oil rig I no doubt true, but he gets there by helicopter!
I do not get to work in a helicopter :-(
Well the really bad news for Pim is that @Confused has done a fair bit of design work on high pressure equipment for oil rigs in his time, so the poor guy is in great peril .......
(Actually nothing off-shore in Western Australia, so he might be OK)