Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highend for beginners....
(12-Jul-2014, 12:32)Mka Wrote: I didn't like the idea that having the devialets stacked the lower one runs quite a bit warmer than the top one and yes I have foreseen them in the new rack side by side.

The devialet has quite an excellent MC input.....

Interesting, I was concerned about stacking when I bought my second D-Premier 3 years ago. I kept one vertically mounted and the other on a shelf for the first couple of years but following a bit of a room re-arrange I put one on top od the other and monitored the temperatures often because of the concern (I had been studying cooling of racing cars for 35 years...) I was amazed to note that the lower unit only ran 1-2 C warmer, which was more or less the difference between two amps anyway.
When my 800s get back from repair I'll monitor again and report.
Ideally I want to go back to at least 1 vertical unit so I can read the display.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire