Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaxial cable
I tested some Coaxial cables during last month.
Transparent Reference XL is great cable but its price is huge. More that 3000 USD.
Harmonix 102 is too much bass and too liquid for me... So I would like recommend one very cheap cable.
Profigold 4000.
http://www.cables4all.co.uk/profigold-pg...-477-p.asp
In my system this Profigold 4000 sound very well... There are so much great top tones, timbre is very natural! there is fantastic soundstage and a lot of microdetails.
Price of this cable is just a joke.
This cable is IMHO much better for Devialet that Harmonix 102 and Transparent Reference. Only Transparent Reference XL was better during my auditions in respect of fantastic bass. But mids are also fantastic and so natural with Profigold and soundstage and especially airness is a great plus for 4000.
I finished my searching for Coaxial cable for Devialet. Profigold stays and gives me a lot of pleasure.
I've not heard a better cable than Transparent Reference XL and luckily I have one!
I tried the Transparent Reference and it didn't do much for me. It had some qualities of the XL but not others and seemed to be a little flawed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good cable - but for the price I found it hard to justify.
I am listening to a Sablon Panatela 75 Ohm S/PDIF cable at the moment though and it's hugely impressive, close to the Reference XL in quality and character and 1/5 or 1/6 of the cost. It's not a coax cable interestingly. Mark at Sablon reckons BNC connectors are even better than RCA, though unluckily I don't have BNC on either bit of gear Sad

It's good that there are some good bargains. I've seen mention of a Mogami Gold (?) being a great value cable too.
Hi,

Running a excellent cable från VH Audio, the Pulsar Ag, which is an cost effective cable that saw off the Nordost Valhalla digital, good enough and search over for me. Connectors are: Solid silver Oyaide BNC from my Naim output and an Eichmann silver bullet into the Devialet.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK