Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone heard the phantom yet?
(01-Mar-2015, 21:08)f1eng Wrote: I have written to Devialet wanting to know wtf is going on.
Good idea to order from Colette but how typically incompetent of Devialet's marketing to make sure people who made early orders direct from the Devialet store are dealt with shoddily.

I suppose I should not be surprised.

I have exactly the same question for them. Emailed them last week and they said there are production problems with the Phantom Silver. However, I saw a video someone having two Silvers and now this, Colette sending out Phantoms from stock it seems. This feels bad for people who ordered on the first day. They have my money now for more than 2 months!  Angry No shipment, no estimate...
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
I got a reply this morning from the ever polite Océane Turpin explaining that they are trying to go as quickly as possible and that they had a mandatory delivery to Colette. She wrote a small delivery, but I don't know how many that means.

I feel sorry for the support people really. They are brilliant IMHO but faced with fending off people for shortcomings which I assume are not of their making.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I wonder why there is still no review of the stereo setup with Phantoms.
That's the only thing I expect for now.
There are reviews with a Stereo set-up...however not from "real users" only pro ones
check this forum out I've posted some there http://audioshark.org/devialet-182/devia...PS7CUJEqTk
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Colette says they will ship Phantoms to the US if anyone might have an immediate need...
Pink Faun STREAMER 2.12 Control PC + Windows 10 + Roon >
Pink Faun STREAMER 2.12 Audio PC + Linux + HQ Player + Optimized for I2S + USB >
Lampizator Golden Gate DSD512 > Dartzeel NHB-108 Model One > TAD Evolution One

For Sale-Fibonnaci Technologies Vaya! Ribbon Transducers / For Sale-JL Audio F112 

Any feedback/review on the sound quality in stereo?
I am sorry for repeating myself, but I still cannot find some comprehensive review on sound quality.
Mirekti...I sort of agree with you on the lack of feed-back / Reviews...maybe they imploded
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
(07-Mar-2015, 15:19)mirekti Wrote: Any feedback/review on the sound quality in stereo?
I am sorry for repeating myself, but I still cannot find some comprehensive review on sound quality.

The sound quality is pretty impressive. Mine came yesterday. I did the setup routine 3 or 4 times before I got consistent stereo though. Then Spark started playing up a bit, looking like it re-booted itself since the music stopped and the window re-sized itself to default, then the playqueue re-filled itself as it had been and it paused at the beginning of the track it had been playing.
I gave up after a while and went back to listening to music.

This morning I had another go.
The Phantoms appeared not to be found when I started Spark, though maybe I was too impatient and they hadn't come out of sleep yet...
I reset them and repeated the setup procedure and listened for a while until it started only playing a bit of a track, then emptying and refilling the playqueue and stopping. This may have been the first high res file I played (but maybe not I don't remember which are and which aren't).
At this point I decided to play from my music dedicated iMac, which I normally use with Air. I quit Spark on my laptop, started on my iMac and all looked good until only one Phantom produced sound. I tried a reset of the Phantoms and started the setup procedure again in Spark. It seems the silent Phantom would not reset since it didn't come up with the setup sound, and Spark repeatedly hung on accepting the software license (step 2 of the setup) so I have unplugged the lot and gone back to listening to music.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(07-Mar-2015, 15:19)mirekti Wrote: Any feedback/review on the sound quality in stereo?

I don't think any have gone to reviewers yet. The first direct customer deliveries from the Devialet store were delivered yesterday AFAIK.
Reviews may come up once there are a few production units to listen to!
Oxfordshire