Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote for SAM request
(05-Aug-2014, 17:26)Kenzo Wrote: I think that SAM processing should be a service for all devialet owners to obtain the best performance by own system... so I think that the priority are the "devialet speakers" and not the voted speakers...

I think that's an interesting idea, and it may be something that Devialet look into.

Presumably Devialet could train engineers (e.g. those who work for speaker manufacturers) to run the SAM process. This could be done under license, which would create income for Devialet and ensure confidentiality for the SAM technology.

I can see two advantages for Devialet:
1. It would spread SAM further and faster than is possible at the moment, so creating more potential customers for Devialet hardware.
2. It might work out cheaper for Devialet since they wouldn't have to employ their own engineers: it would shift the labour costs to the speaker manufacturers.

There are possible problems though. Some speaker manufacturers might not be happy at all, especially those who make electronics too. Would Linn want to say to its customers "hey, our speakers have been optimized for use with Devialet!" Almost certainly not. I can imagine manufacturers of active speakers (e.g. ATC) also being reluctant. On the other hand, presumably Focal have been dealing with Devialet, despite being in the same stable as Naim.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(19-Jul-2014, 13:06)LaurentP Wrote: , and they told me they want to make SAM universal ultimately.

Universal is a big word! I have some late 90's JBL's, if they ever become SAM ready I would be very surprised!
@ JWG....Yes probably yo're right....but I thing that a dev customer pay a very adeguate price for his amplifier ( don't forget that the dev price seems the same in all the worl and discount seems doesn't exsist at least in Italy...) so I think that SAM is a good marketing practice to assure his customers the best perfomance by their speakers..... Buy a devilaet...and we will sing your speaker at best! Whatever they are! Should be a good slogan! Ehheh...on the other hands I don't remeber exsist an amplifier which allows a large variety of speakers to do their best performance.... Some speakers or electronic manifacturers make just one kind of ampli or spakers which give the best performance( and often is not sure...).....Normally the audiophile destiny is a long and articulate ( often without succes...) reseach of the best speaker for own ampli ...or the best ampli for own speakers..... Can Devialet give us freedom by this ( so kind...) prision??? :-))
With the £ / Euro exchange rate as it is at the moment, about 1.26, Devialet's are actually quite a bit more expensive in the UK vs Europe
(05-Aug-2014, 22:55)Confused Wrote: With the £ / Euro exchange rate as it is at the moment, about 1.26, Devialet's are actually quite a bit more expensive in the UK vs Europe

Sorry if you live in UK! See the devialet website....