Poll: Would you consider a Phantom as a second system or replacement?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
68.12%
47 68.12%
No
31.88%
22 31.88%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom vote!
The cheapest Devialet unit before the Phantom is US $6.5K. That's not in my budget as I still have to get a DAC, speaker and interconnect.

But if I can have two Phantoms at $4K and it replaces my speaker, Dac and interconnects and all I need is a digital source (CD player or laptop), then that's in the realm of possibility. The question is how it would sound. They claim to replace setups that in the $50K range. That sounds gross exaggeration....but even if it is $10K range, still a good buy.

I see their 'white paper' on the bass driver. What I am most curious about is their tweeter and mid woofer. I have my doubts but then this is not a traditional design.

I do think it looks beautiful.

MtnGuy
Don't think you need a DAC!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(26-Dec-2014, 10:26)MountainGuy Wrote: The cheapest Devialet unit before the Phantom is US $6.5K. That's not in my budget as I still have to get a DAC, speaker and interconnect.

But if I can have two Phantoms at $4K and it replaces my speaker, Dac and interconnects and all I need is a digital source (CD player or laptop), then that's in the realm of possibility. The question is how it would sound. They claim to replace setups that in the $50K range. That sounds gross exaggeration....but even if it is $10K range, still a good buy.

I see their 'white paper' on the bass driver. What I am most curious about is their tweeter and mid woofer. I have my doubts but then this is not a traditional design.

I do think it looks beautiful.

MtnGuy

Devialet has a build in DAC, you don't need a DAC

see the diagram below
[Image: schemaSAM+ADH.png]
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE