Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweak your ears - Tone deafness test
Ever wondered or worried you may suffer from tone deafness?

It is time to put your ears to the test Smile

http://www.tonedeaftest.com

I passed Smile

[Image: 9ee28522ea04f9613e4b37570ce99afa.jpg]

And yes there is an app for that
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
94%... I Blame my cheap ear buds Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(04-Jan-2015, 15:55)Pim van Vliet Wrote: 94%... I Blame my cheap ear buds Wink

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

of course it is never our ear it is always the gear Smile
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
http://tonedeaftest.com/results?r=P166FD79

100%! Though it is a test of concentration more than musical acuity I think
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(04-Jan-2015, 19:10)IanG-UK Wrote: http://tonedeaftest.com/results?r=P166FD79

100%! Though it is a test of concentration more than musical acuity I think

that is the point IanG

i guess, for those who suffer from tone deafness, no matter how hard they concentrate they won't get it right because it i will all sound the same i suppose

Dubai, UAE
Result: Not tone deaf!
Stage A: 12/12
Stage B: 12/12
Stage C: 12/12
Final score: 36/36 = 100%

Congratulations, you are not tone deaf!

Surprised myself there, had to listen to a couple of them twice to be sure. Eclipse PC speakers may help!
Strange enough, I only got the final result that I am not tone deaf, but no percentage was shown, nor any individual results.

Anyway, the test is extremely simple, and you really have a problem if you don't pass.....
NAS: LaCie Cloudbox
Streaming bridge: Auralic Aries
DAC/Amplifier: Devialet 200
Speakers: Magico S1
Digital cables: Audioquest Cinnamon
Loudspeaker cables: Vertere Pulse-X Mini
(07-Mar-2015, 06:11)EricDH Wrote: Strange enough, I only got the final result that I am not tone deaf, but no percentage was shown, nor any individual results.

Anyway, the test is extremely simple, and you really have a problem if you don't pass.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai, UAE