Poll: How many D400 owners use the AES/EBU input of the master unit?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I use the AES/EBU input of the D400 exclusively;
12.50%
1 12.50%
I use both the AES/EBU and another digital input---see my message posted to this thread;
75.00%
6 75.00%
I use another digital input---see my message posted to this thread;
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many use the AES/EBU input on the master in the D400?
How many D400 owners use the AES/EBU input of the master to send hi-res files to the D400?

If you do not use it, which digital input of the master have you found to result in the best sound, and with what method of sending the hi-res files to the master?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
I don't use the AES/EBU input on my master.

I use optical, coaxial and usb . The latter is the best for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(05-Jan-2015, 04:36)miro Wrote: How many D400 owners use the AES/EBU input of the master to send hi-res files to the D400?

If you do not use it, which digital input of the master have you found to result in the best sound, and with what method of sending the hi-res files to the master?

I use the AES/EBU input on the master for my CD player but not hi res.

For hi res I use USB direct from my Wyred4Sound Music Server.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I feed D's AES/EBU input from my Mac's firewire outputs. PureMusic (sitting on iTunes) > Dirac Audio Processor (DRC) > Firewire > Weiss INT203 > AES/EBU > D

Native sampling frequency switching is performed by PureMusic (DSP disabled).

Besides I also use a dedicated IP ethernet connection.
Use AES/EBU to link my companion and connecting my Naim Unitiserve to the master AES/EBU in.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
My PS Audio PWT is connected to the AES/EBU input and my Auraliti PK90 is connected to the USB input.