Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Pricing for Phantom
Here's another review, and some thoughts from my end on that front.
http://televisions.reviewed.com/content/...ons-review

Pricing
I think this is the first time US pricing for the Phantom has been discussed
Quote:"..., but American pricing has been set at $1,990 for the 750-watt variant and $2,390 for the 3,000-watt. You'll also need to pick up the $329 Dialog WiFi box to start building your system."
Given that the Expert line is priced much higher in the US ($9500 for 200 in the US vs. EUR 6900 in the EU - ~$8100), I find it fascinating that Phantom pricing is set is same as EU pricing.

Opinion
I really wish one of our local dealers bring some Phantom Silvers in stock. I missed CES this year, but would have loves to hear the Phantoms first hand to compare against my Devialet 200/Harbeth C7/Rythmik F12G combination. If all 3 components, plus the speaker cables can be eliminated for 80% of the Phantom's performance, and less than half the price, I think it would be a worthy change - simply for the simplicity of owning less things.

Side note: Design
I find form-follows-function to be a guiding principle in all the work I do. And as such, have immense respect for Devialet to make a polarizing design choice based on this. Smile