Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 review in february TAS
hallo

I just noticed that there is a review of 200 in The Absolute Sound from february 2015. Does anybody have access to this number? Is there any possibility to publish conclusion or send me a scan of this review? 200 is my Devialet and TAS has some interesting reviewers so it cold be a joy to read this review.

Best regards
chris
Very interested in this!

Anyone read it yet?
Hi All

I have the review - if any wants it PM an email address I will send it.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(12-Jan-2015, 09:14)NickB Wrote: Hi All

I have the review - if any wants it PM an email address I will send it.

Nick

Hi Nick. Can you share with us the summary and conclusion of the review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
No problem

Conclusion

The Devialet 200 is one remarkable component; its hybrid Class A/D amplifier,  innovative  software-controlled architecture, advanced features, and genre-bending shape and operation are unique. But the 200 is more than a just technological wonder—its sound quality is in many ways superb. The 200’s bass authority, dynamic impact, soundstage transparency and dimensionality, and transient speed far exceed expectations for an under-$10k integrated amplifier/wireless  streaming  DAC.
The upper-mids and treble are a bit on the incisive side, a character that can be tamed with the 200’s tone controls or ideal loudspeaker matching.
This outstanding performance was catapulted into another realm by running a pair of 200s in mono. The monoblock 200s not only improved upon the best qualities heard in stereo operation,  but  more  significantly, ameliorated my reservations about the treble. Surprisingly, mono operation  rendered  a  more  refined presentation by virtue of the greater midrange liquidity and a significantly smoother and more relaxed high end.The Devialet 200/400 is, by a wide margin, the most advanced, flexible, and technically sophisticated audio product I’ve reviewed. It may look like a lifestyle product, but underneath the 200/400 is a serious piece of audiophile hardware. It’s a compelling package that just happens to sound great, too.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(12-Jan-2015, 17:47)NickB Wrote: No problem

Conclusion

The Devialet 200 is one remarkable component; its hybrid Class A/D amplifier,  innovative  software-controlled architecture, advanced features, and genre-bending shape and operation are unique. But the 200 is more than a just technological wonder—its sound quality is in many ways superb. The 200’s bass authority, dynamic impact, soundstage transparency and dimensionality, and transient speed far exceed expectations for an under-$10k integrated amplifier/wireless  streaming  DAC.
The upper-mids and treble are a bit on the incisive side, a character that can be tamed with the 200’s tone controls or ideal loudspeaker matching.
This outstanding performance was catapulted into another realm by running a pair of 200s in mono. The monoblock 200s not only improved upon the best qualities heard in stereo operation,  but  more  significantly, ameliorated my reservations about the treble. Surprisingly, mono operation  rendered  a  more  refined presentation by virtue of the greater midrange liquidity and a significantly smoother and more relaxed high end.The Devialet 200/400 is, by a wide margin, the most advanced, flexible, and technically sophisticated audio product I’ve reviewed. It may look like a lifestyle product, but underneath the 200/400 is a serious piece of audiophile hardware. It’s a compelling package that just happens to sound great, too.

I think he liked it Shy !

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(12-Jan-2015, 18:29)brit Wrote:

Conclusion

David

He certainly makes a strong case for going dual mono. Interesting that he finds the 200's upper-mids and treble are a bit on the incisive side. That's not something that the other reviewers have mentioned before AFAIK.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Conclusion

Thanks Nick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(12-Jan-2015, 18:33)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(12-Jan-2015, 18:29)brit Wrote:

Conclusion

David

He certainly makes a strong case for going dual mono. Interesting that he finds the 200's upper-mids and treble are a bit on the incisive side. That's not something that the other reviewers have mentioned before AFAIK.

Guillaume

Yes, that is different.  Usually the top end is a little laid back in the other reviews.
(12-Jan-2015, 19:51)Dr Tone Wrote: Yes, that is different.  Usually the top end is a little laid back in the other reviews.

I think what he describes is not due to the amps unless the amps where not broken in. Something in his system maybe? I have not heard this from my 250 after it was broken in, but this took almost six months after the upgrade...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB