Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 review in february TAS
(12-Jan-2015, 20:07)ogs Wrote:
(12-Jan-2015, 19:51)Dr Tone Wrote: Yes, that is different.  Usually the top end is a little laid back in the other reviews.

I think what he describes is not due to the amps unless the amps where not broken in. Something in his system maybe? I have not heard this from my 250 after it was broken in, but this took almost six months after the upgrade...

This is because he used in review Magico Q7. IMO. New 200 plus Magico could be too much bright sound. 
Using 200 with Sonus Faber loudspeaker my sound is just nice. No problemy with high tones...
(12-Jan-2015, 22:55)moreno1973 Wrote:
(12-Jan-2015, 19:51)Dr Tone Wrote: Yes, that is different.  Usually the top end is a little laid back in the other reviews.

I think what he describes is not due to the amps unless the amps where not broken in. Something in his system maybe? I have not heard this from my 250 after it was broken in, but this took almost six months after the upgrade...

This is because he used in review Magico Q7. IMO. New 200 plus Magico could be too much bright sound. 
Using 200 with Sonus Faber loudspeaker my sound is just nice. No problemy with high tones...
 When I took my 200 to a friend's place, it sounded wonderful with his Dynaudio Evidence Temptation - no "incisive" mids or highs. When he replaced them recently with MBL 101 E Mk II, there was a little "heat" in that area, though it's difficult to know whether it was the Dev., the speakers, or the room.
Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW
(13-Jan-2015, 00:18)Riddo Wrote:

When I took my 200 to a friend's place, it sounded wonderful with his Dynaudio Evidence Temptation - no "incisive" mids or highs. When he replaced them recently with MBL 101 E Mk II, there was a little "heat" in that area, though it's difficult to know whether it was the Dev., the speakers, or the room.
Hi Riddo,

How did the 200 sound with the Temptations? 
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Jan-2015, 06:29)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

Hi Riddo,

Hi Pim.
I would describe it as effortless. One thing I enjoy about the Devialet is that I find that I'm listening to the music rather that the component and that is exactly how it turned out with the Temptations. We listened to lots of music familiar to both of us and were obviously in an analytical frame of mind that day, but you couldn't help but notice the slam and control in the bass. The Dyns are far from a bass heavy speaker but it was as if the Dev was intricately controlling the exact duration and subtle timbral variations of each note. No frequency range was spotlit as all instruments came across as a natural part of the whole. He couldn't believe that all that music was flowing out of a small box into a fairly large room without apparent strain.

Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW
(13-Jan-2015, 12:44)Riddo Wrote:
(13-Jan-2015, 06:29)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(12-Jan-2015, 20:07)ogs Wrote: I think what he describes is not due to the amps unless the amps where not broken in. Something in his system maybe? I have not heard this from my 250 after it was broken in, but this took almost six months after the upgrade...

Hi Riddo,

Hi Pim.
I would describe it as effortless. One thing I enjoy about the Devialet is that I find that I'm listening to the music rather that the component and that is exactly how it turned out with the Temptations. We listened to lots of music familiar to both of us and were obviously in an analytical frame of mind that day, but you couldn't help but notice the slam and control in the bass. The Dyns are far from a bass heavy speaker but it was as if the Dev was intricately controlling the exact duration and subtle timbral variations of each note. No frequency range was spotlit as all instruments came across as a natural part of the whole. He couldn't believe that all that music was flowing out of a small box into a fairly large room without apparent strain.

Thanks Riddo. I'm so impressed with my C1's that I'm seriously considering bigger Dyns for my future system so this is good news.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Wow, what a rave review!!!

Makes me wanting to upgrade my D200 to D400 ;-)
NAS: LaCie Cloudbox
Streaming bridge: Auralic Aries
DAC/Amplifier: Devialet 200
Speakers: Magico S1
Digital cables: Audioquest Cinnamon
Loudspeaker cables: Vertere Pulse-X Mini