Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Connecting headphones to a Devialet
(29-Nov-2014, 04:54)xy1689 Wrote:
(27-Nov-2014, 15:34)philoouu Wrote: This is a old bug on some settings only. When you reload the file it says the opposite then when you saved it ! But actually the good setting is saved correctly in the file. You can check by editing the config file. Funny why Devialet is not addressing those bugs, it seems not difficult to fix once for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi,phi
do you still got the problem?

(27-Nov-2014, 15:37)agentsmith Wrote: Yes, some update.

I just tried it and it actually was saved.

Now listening to Jeff Buckley LP on headphones while wife watching TV

I am a happy camper again Smile

Thanks Phil, thanks Vivialet, you guys are super helpful

John

do you mean you have solved the problem?

Yes the problem is solved

thanks again
After reading through this thread, I'd just like to confirm whether its possible to alternately mute headphones and loudspeakers without disconnecting the headphones. I'm considering the D200 and this would be a must-have feature.

Kurt
You can mute the headphone by muting the pre-out and mute the speakers with the real mute function which do not apply to the headphone if configured.

PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
yes, it is not called mute, but you can configure a remote button with a pre-out on/off. Then you can configure the other button with mute.
Many thanks for confirming that. It seems trifling, but this is a convenience that my current setup allows and would hate to give it up.
(30-Nov-2014, 14:46)agentsmith Wrote:
(29-Nov-2014, 04:54)xy1689 Wrote:
(27-Nov-2014, 15:34)philoouu Wrote: This is a old bug on some settings only. When you reload the file it says the opposite then when you saved it ! But actually the good setting is saved correctly in the file. You can check by editing the config file. Funny why Devialet is not addressing those bugs, it seems not difficult to fix once for all.

hi,phi
do you still got the problem?

(27-Nov-2014, 15:37)agentsmith Wrote: Yes, some update.

I just tried it and it actually was saved.

Now listening to Jeff Buckley LP on headphones while wife watching TV

I am a happy camper again Smile

Thanks Phil, thanks Vivialet, you guys are super helpful

John

do you mean you have solved the problem?

Yes the problem is solved

thanks again

how can you solve the problem? i got the similar problem in my d120 with preout, but my device doesn't work on ethernet or usb input on mute the speaker but do not mute on headphones, some of the input like optical can works......
Very strange
(09-Dec-2014, 07:14)philoouu Wrote: You can mute the headphone by muting the pre-out and mute the speakers with the real mute function which do not apply to the headphone if configured.

Hi,

I used to have it configured this way and it worked. Since my speakers got SAMmed, I configured SAM on/off on the middle button, the second function (there only seem to be two available) is Tone/balance. This actually allows me to regulate the SAM setting between 0-100%. On the lower right button I still have the Mute function. The pre on/off is gone. The only way to avoid that both the speakers and the headphones have a signal is to unplug the latter. Any suggestion, anybody?

Thanks
Devialet 440 Pro C.I., Innuos Zen Mk3, Origin Live Calypso with Illustrious arm and Soundsmith Zephyr cartridge, KEF Reference 3, Vertere speaker cables and interconnects, 2 Nanotech 309 power cables for the 440, GigaWatt power strip and cables
Can someone tell me if you can have cables terminated to go directly into the Devialet outputs without using an adaptor. For example, after market cables that have XLR terminations. Can they be reterminated using RCAs and used in the Devialet headphone output.
Yes it is possible to re terminate to RCA plugs, connect the ground to ground and join the other 2 wires and connect to the tip. Obviously no longer balanced but you shouldn't notice any difference.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(01-Oct-2014, 17:33)Axel Wrote:
(18-Jun-2014, 01:00)agentsmith Wrote: By the way.   It worked as instructed and it is by far the best headphone experience I have ever had.  Very similar quality to the speakers system with strong tuneful bass, lots of detail and not fatiguing like that coming of the Audioquest dragonfly

Highly recommend to try if you have decent cans

Agreed, I picked up some bits from Maplin, plugged in,  and had the best headphone experience since buying them.  Now my Graham Slee headphone amp is redundant.  Selling that will help fund a wall bracket for the D! Smile

Which cable do you use to connect the headphone to Devialet? I do not want to buy poor quality 3.5mm to RCA cable..
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2