Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about IEC
I just ordered my 200. It looks like some folks are concerned about the size of the IEC end of the power cable and are using cables with slim connectors. Others seem to be using cables with normal full-size connectors.
If you want to run your 200 with the rear cover in place, you'll need to use an IEC connector that is no larger than a standard (kettle-style) plug.  That rules out many of the "audiophile-grade" plugs such as WattGate, to name but one.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
So, if I am willing to run with the back off, I can use pretty much anything?
(21-Jan-2015, 14:55)astralpen Wrote: So, if I am willing to run with the back off, I can use pretty much anything?

Yup and that's what I do.  Wink My units sit in a rack and you can't see much more that the front half anyway.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
As others have posted the lack of space at the rear once you decide to use the rear panel cover necessitates the use of a slim line IEC termination. I found out the hard way after having purchased a cable for digital gear that didn't fit - my fault as I didn't specify what I was going to connect it to. The cable manufacturer has access to a end that fits and I just installed it on my new 200. So if you want to use the rear panel cover and are willing to spend a few bucks take a look at Triode Wire Labs. Pete is great to work with and I have used his power cords for some years now on other gear. Please note I have no financial interest in TWL - just a happy customer!

BTW, glad I found this site - I'm sure I'll acquire some great information as I am all thumbs with PC audio related stuff and will eventually get into the wi-fi on my 200.
(21-Jan-2015, 16:56)Ron D Wrote: As others have posted the lack of space at the rear once you decide to use the rear panel cover necessitates the use of a slim line IEC termination. I found out the hard way after having purchased a cable for digital gear that didn't fit - my fault as I didn't specify what I was going to connect it to. The cable manufacturer has access to a end that fits and I just installed it on my new 200. So if you want to use the rear panel cover and are willing to spend a few bucks take a look at Triode Wire Labs. Pete is great to work with and I have used his power cords for some years now on other gear. Please note I have no financial interest in TWL - just a happy customer!

BTW, glad I found this site - I'm sure I'll acquire some great information as I am all thumbs with PC audio related stuff and will eventually get into the wi-fi on my 200.

Welcome to Devialet Chat Ron D!  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
At Crystal Cable you can also order a power cord with "special" Devialet connector. Using a Reference Diamond myself in combination with my D200, great results soundwise.
Devialet D220 Expert Pro; Funk Vector V turntable; Shelter 301 cartridge; Bluesound Vault Gen2 music server; Marantz SR5007; Audiovector R3 Arreté speaker; Polk FX3 surrounds; Atlas Ascent Grun speakercable; Atlas Mavros Ultra RCA>BNC, Atlas EOS Modular 4.0 block, Atlas Superior power cables. Audiovector Freedom Grounding cable